The Software Engineer Leader is a people first leader and will lead a team responsible for application development. This leader is responsible for growing Safelite developers and business analysts. This leader has a strong technical background to adopt new technologies, establish and enhance development practice to deliver the highest degree of software quality while accelerating speed to market. The Software Engineer Leader will possess knowledge in leading agile practices, experience transforming teams to utilize continuous development methodologies, working knowledge of microservices principles, and driving automated test-driven development. This position will work closely with business leaders and developers to implement client-based solution. The leadership role will report to the Director of Solution Delivery build team.
Find a career. Gain a family.
Safelite will be unlike any place you've ever worked. (This won't be just the daily grind!) You'll join caring and passionate teams that collaborate to make a difference, deliver extraordinary results and bring unexpected happiness. Every day. Your effort, heart and creative ideas will be valued and rewarded. And we care about your well-being. So, we'll strive to give you what you need to be happy at work and at home.
- The Manager, Digital Partner Experience brings strong business partnership skills and proactive technology innovation to Safelite for business to business digital experiences.
- The Manager will have accountability for a portfolio of business to business websites for capability enablement and operational support.
- The Manager will bring expertise in digital custom development enabling modern digital techniques such as front end and back end as separate code pipelines and modularity for reuse resulting in overall speed and quality.
- They Manager will have experience with operating in a product team and agile methodology utilizing Dev Ops and automation.
- The Manager displays relevancy with the ever-changing digital technology landscape bringing innovative thinking to the team.
- Strong People Leadership skills with demonstration of people engagement; career development; culture building; and communication
- Ability to form strong business partnerships and collaboration
- Experience working in the product team model utilizing agile methodologies
- Operational focused with continuous improvement mindset
- Mindset of innovation by keeping pace with the ever-changing application technology landscape
- Experience in project staffing methodologies
- Proven CI/CD or Dev Ops implementations for Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Continuous Delivery (CI/CD or Dev Ops)
- Mindset of innovation by keeping pace with the ever-changing digital technology landscape using that information to inform team roadmaps.
- 5+ years of IT application implementation, development and operational support experience
- 3+ years of custom digital (web and mobile responsive) development and operational support experience
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent experience