This position will be a key business partner for the Marketing Technology IT team, and serve as a critical link between IT and Digital Marketing. They will be responsible for understanding the objectives of digital marketing teams, and work with IT to deliver new and enhanced capabilities across the Marketing Tech stack, including Marketing Automation, Advertising Technology, Tracking and data integrations. He/she will develop a vision for how technology and data can support digital marketing objectives, proactively identify new projects, and manage the Marketing Technology prioritization backlog.
This role is for someone who thrives at the intersection of marketing and technology. A successful candidate has will have a deep understanding of how data is connected and activated across digitalchannels to drive superior business performance. They will have shown in previous roles the ability to think big picture about technology, and will have a demonstrated track record of leveraging technology to achieve digital marketing goals.
1. Strategy Development – Owns strategy & planning for digital marketing technology
• Identifies and prioritizes enhancements for core Digital Marketing systems & technology (Salesforce Marketing cloud, Data environments, tagging, DMP, etc)
• Owns backlog development & management
• Stays up-to-date on data & technology changes (internal and external) that can impact Digital Marketing performance
• Proactively identifies solutions to fill key tech/data gaps, Business RFI / RFP lead (as needed)
2. Execution- ensures the Marketing Technology IT team is working on the projects that will accomplish Digital Marketing goals; Manages vendor relationships
• Prioritizes work for each sprint
• Manages User acceptance testing
• Manages technology vendor relationships & contracts
3. Stakeholder Management – independently builds relationship w/ channel stakeholders
• Maintains a thorough understanding of each channel’s objectives & needs
• Advocates for data & technology enhancements / changes across the organization to drive Digital Marketing goals
• Partners with Senior Department leadership to ensure digital marketing technology and data objectives are met
4. Leads through Others – Manages resources to achieve objectives
• Leads backlog grooming & planning with Marketing Technology IT team
• Key point-of-contact for requirements and questions
5. Budget management – May directly or indirectly manage a budget
• Experience developing and managing a technology backlog
• Experience working within agile development methodology in a product owner role
• Proficient knowledge of digital marketing technology: Ad tech (DMP, DSP, Ad Servers), Marketing Automation, Web analytics platforms, A/B testing platforms, etc
• Deep understanding of how data is connected and activated across digital channels
• Experience with multiple Digital Marketing channels (Display, email, social, SEM, etc);
• Demonstrated experience using technology & marketing expertise to drive performance improvements
• Exceptional business acumen & understanding of digital marketing performance metrics.
• Proven ability to manage cross-functional teams & stakeholders
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills. Proven ability to deliver messages in a manner that is clear, effective and engaging.
• Proven ability to think logically & creatively to develop innovative, new solutions.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to meet deadlines.
Education & Experience
• 4-year college degree in Marketing, Computer Science, or similar
• 5+ years of digital marketing and/or digital marketing technologyexperience