The Manager, Digital Marketing willsupport thedigital marketing strategy for the Americas and be a key contributor in communicating andcollaborating with Americas BMD Field Marketing organization. As a member of the professional staff, this role isresponsible for the development, implementation, day-to-day operation, testing and development of the department’sdigital products and platforms. The position serves as the primary manager and business sponsor of the targeting tools, isresponsible for identifying, loading and maintaining member-appropriate content, and experimenting with online targeted marketing/merchandising scenarios. She/he works in collaboration with the Global Products and Emerging Platforms team to be a liaison for Americas DLP and BMD Field Marketing to improve the overall capabilities of enterprise-leveldigitalexperience and online marketing.
Education and Experience
- 4-yeardegree from an accredited university in Business Administration or related field required. MBA or similar advanced degree a plus.
- 4 years of relevant professional experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and pattern of exceptional performance.
Key Skills and Experiences
- Demonstrated ability to balance the interests and demands of multiple stakeholders
- Digital platform development, management and maintenance
- Strong communication skills, across teams and departments
- Hotel property experience, hotel field marketing experience, or related preferred
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Create, manage, measure and analyze Americas digital products and platforms
- Develop and/or manage channels focused digital communications, change management and escalations to Americas BMD Field Marketing teams
- Partner with Promotions COE, continent promotions, loyalty and media teams to develop digital solutions to impact marketing deployment
- Leverage a “test, measure and refine” approach to constantly improve program results and increase the impact of targeted marketing on conversion and revenue
- Identify opportunities and lead development and prioritization of America’s BMD Field and DLP digital testing needs
- Source and develop (or partner to develop) appropriate/necessary content
- Understand website taxonomy and drive changes, as needed
- Persuade and influence cross-functional team to reach desireddigital outcome
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders to achieve targeting goals or prove out testing hypotheses
- Provide business and thought leadership to other business disciplines to coordinate and leverage various tracking and targeting efforts
- Analyze results; have a strong understanding of trends and key insights
- Work as partner to Americas BMD Analytics team on tracking digital activations
- Interact with other MI departments to analyze, educate, identify opportunities and share learnings
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the success of testing and targeting efforts
- Proactively escalate issues, observations, opportunities, and insights to the Americas BMD leadership and Global Products & Emerging Platforms team
- Work independently, but within established guidelines, producing and analyzing more complex business information to assist in the decision-making process
- Performs other duties as assigned
MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES Building Relationships Coworker Relationships
- Builds credibility with others and encourages strong working relationships.
- Creates a work environment in which others feel comfortable sharing thoughts and feedback.
- Shows awareness of how own behavior impacts others and the work environment.
- Encourages others to work together.
- Models and empowers others to anticipate and respond to customer/stakeholder preferences and feedback.
- Clearly explains policies in ways that create strong customer/stakeholder relationships.
- Monitors customer/stakeholder satisfaction and takes appropriate action.
- Resolves customer/stakeholder issues and concerns raised by others.
- Creates an environment where everyone is valued and included.
- Models and coaches others on representing the Company culture of service, opportunity, respect, and fair treatment.
- Acts when others are treated unfairly or are not valued and respected for their unique skills.
- Looks for and uses ideas and opinions from diverse sources.
- Attracts, develops, and retains a multicultural and multigenerational workforce.
- Gives all associates the opportunity to achieve their full potential.
- Organizes activities that promote inclusion.
- Maintains an awareness of changing customer/stakeholder and associate characteristics.