The Manager, Digital Content Marketing & Strategy is responsible for managing the day-to-day Content Team operations including liaising with the Content Team Agency of Record (AOR), overseeing the development and publishing of content across all channels as well as directly managing the growth and development of members of the content team.
In this role, the manager will ensure that content is sourced, written and published according to strategies that align with Choice Hotel’s brand and vision. The manager will also partner with internal stakeholders to ensure that all content needs are met and being published according to a pre-determined schedule. The manager will leverage internally-produced analytics as well as knowledge and research associated with industry trends to ensure that content production remains on strategy.
This role will act as a content marketing thought partner and advocate throughout the organization by developing relationships with key stakeholders that use and distribute content (social media, upscale brands, email, CP).
- Manage a team comprised of 1 editor (editor manages a fulltime writer and three contractor writers), 2 digital content producers, a content coordinator. The team creates content for all 6.8K Choice properties around the globe and supports the 12 brands under the Choice Hotels umbrella, as well as the Choice Privileges loyalty program and manages content for Choice Central, the company’s intranet site.
- Manage the day to day operations and tactical execution with our AOR, ensuring that the agency meets the agreed upon work in our Scope of Work. In addition, manage the user-testing strategy for customer feedback to optimize content performance and develop and implement content distribution strategy for editorial content. Manage relations with internal stakeholders, especially Brand, Media, SEO, Digital Performance, Email and Loyalty teams. Monitor trends in content marketing making sure we’re employing innovative marketing and best practices.
- Hires, trains and supports new and existing content team, providing coaching and feedback; trains new team members on proper procedures related to standard operating procedures, Choice tone and voice and content production.
- College education required; a bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or Journalism is preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in a supervisory role.
- 3+ years of experience managing 3rd party or agency relationships.
- Knowledge and understanding of editorial principles, SEO best practices, content distribution
- Knowledge of content management, XML, editorial publishing, SEO and search strategies, social media, digital media and CMS systems are preferred.
- detail-oriented, self-motivated, strategically-minded, flexible and driven by goals.