The Manager of Digital Commerce & Strategy will support a department of the global digital flagship store, michaelkors.com, to align merchandise strategies across retail, wholesale, and ecommerce via the online merchandising of the website. We are looking for someone with a passion for retail and the ability to drive sales in a fast-paced environment. This position will be a part of Michael Kors' e-commerce team and present a great opportunity to develop and grow multi-channel sales on a global level.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ability to develop and drive strategies. Analyze LY data and current market trend to support strategy development.
- Understands market trends including pricing, style and key messaging and uses knowledge to make sound recommendations to Buying / Planning teams.
- Understands how to drive financial results that maximize revenue, gross margin, and inventory turn goals and partner with Buying / Planning on execution.
- Partnership with Buying / Planning in product development, implementation of merchandising strategies and financial planning of sales and inventory.
- Influence category assortments by analyzing product performance, customer feedback, consumer trend, competitive landscape and local market knowledge to global trend and design.
- Continuously analyze business and implement strategies to ensure plan is achieved, including adjusting product flow and inventory management to achieve growth and profitability.
- Partner with Buying / Planning on sku lifecycle, from adoption to drop, react to in season sales trend to advise on go forward strategy—especially around building eComm exclusive assortments / strategies
- Partner with Buying, Planning, Analytics, Marketing, Creative, Operations, Customer Care, and the Warehouse teams to create synergies among all consumer touch points.
- Partner with marketing and creative to communicate big ideas, key investments, strategies and special needs.
- Compiles seasonal Hindsights to share out to cross functional partners as well as leadership team
- Drive a seamless Omni-channel experience by implementing parallel merchandising strategies for desktop, mobile, retail, wholesale, and e-commerce
- Ensure the accuracy and timelines of all product launches, marketing campaigns and other customer interactions
- Drive KPIs such as conversion, average order value, and units per transaction through continuous improvement to website navigation and presentation of product.
- Partner with the CRM team to analyze customer data and utilize important information to improve the business relationship with customers
- Partner with Creative / Sandbox team on photography budget and drive execution for PDP imagery that best supports product features and functionality
- Exhibits leadership capability and can motivate and mentor team members at different levels.
- Coaches and develops associate merchandisers, ensuring growth and development.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Marketing (or comparable work experience)
- Minimum of 6-8+ years' experience in direct or e-commerce environment, part or all in planning or buying capacity
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to translate analytic data into strategic ideas
- Must be able to multi-task, be flexible and perform in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with Adobe Analytics or similar platform
- Experience working within an ecommerce PIM, CMS, strong familiarity with different ecommerce platforms and 3rd party solutions