Contributes to the overall success of Digital Commerce & Payments in Scotiabank’s Pacific Alliance Countries (PAC) - Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru ensuring specific individual goals, plans, and initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
The Manager, Payments Innovation is responsible for supporting the Senior Manager, Payments Innovation in developing the International BankingDigital Payments strategy to strengthen the bank's position in payments (specifically in Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru).
In particular, the Manager will use their knowledge of the Payments landscape in Latin America and abroad to identify how and where to participate in the Mobile Money space, and other key areas of Digital Payments. The incumbent will also be responsible for fostering collaboration and communication across our Latin American markets.
In addition, the incumbent will understand the latest industry trends, assess opportunities and define business requirements to launch and monitor Mobile Money programs in our International markets.
The Manager will also possess/build a strong awareness of key pain points for customers in making payments and money movement across Chile, Colombia, Mexico, and Peru.
In addition, the incumbent will develop a keen awareness of the differences across each country’s banking environment and support the Senior Manager in identifying these to help inform our strategy and project planning for Canada and PAC.
This role will work closely with the DigitalBanking teams in the PAC to help them define their payments roadmap, collaborate on shared initiatives, and be an advisor/subject matter expert on anything related to digital payments globally.
- Works with Senior Manager, Payments Innovation to help guide the Digital Payments strategy for our Pacific Alliance Countries and roadmap based on awareness of global and regional trends and Scotiabank positioning
- Works in collaboration with key Payments Partners including Canadian Payments, DigitalBanking leadership, IB Retail and Small Business Products, IT&S, GTB, senior country leadership in Mexico, Peru, Chile, and Colombia
- Builds and maintains constant awareness of global and regional trends in Payments including competitor actions in Canadian Banking and International markets; and determines the implications across our Geographies and how the Bank should adapt
- Builds an understanding of the bankinglandscapes in each (PAC) country and supports the Senior Manager in identifying differences in each market to help inform strategy and raise potential gaps in projects across the region
- In collaboration with the DigitalBanking and Innovation teams, evaluate new technology and competitive product offerings
- Identify opportunities, and determine key path to execution for digital payments in Scotiabank’s key international markets; including opportunities to leverage new functionality across multiple markets (Canada and PAC)
- Build strong relationships with the digitalbanking teams in Mexico, Peru, Colombia and Chile – and become a trusted advisor to guide their roadmaps
- Ability to concisely and effectively communicate potential opportunities, and assess potential risks and rewards of new customer offerings
- Work with the Senior Manager, Payments Innovation on Ad Hoc projects with other lines of business as they arise – with the goal of advancing the payments and mobile money offerings available to our customers globally
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions
Digital Payments Product/Program Design and Development
- Proactively identifies opportunities of new Digital Payments products that will improve customer experience and maintain Scotiabank’s competitiveness in this area
- Focus on customer-centered design for development of future payments initiatives, and ability to bring others in the bank along for the journey
- Work with Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Local Card Networks to assess capabilities of third party wallet offerings (i.e. Android Pay, Samsung Pay, Apple Pay) as well as our own Mobile Wallet (i.e. HCE) and formulate a mobile payments strategy with the digitalbanking teams in PAC
- Work closely with the DigitalBanking development teams (and IT&S where appropriate) to create efficient and effective (global) technology models to support continued payments development, and the continued advancement of Scotiabank’s customer product offering. Basic understanding of IT and payments infrastructure is an asset.
- Architect digital payments programs to be technology and cost effective across multiple markets and geographies.
- Conducts cost-benefit analyses for specific projects by participating in the preparation and tracking of multi-country business cases to roll-out new programs.
- Manages assigned projects by working with resources from across the Bank as necessary to develop business requirements, negotiate and coordinate plans and deliverables, and track to completion.
Compliance, Policy & Procedural Adherence
- Ensures satisfactory portfolio management controls / legal & regulatory compliance are maintained as per established Bank standards & guidelines.
- Works closely with security and Compliance/AML teams to ensure initiatives being proposed meet or exceed the current bank requirements/standards.
- Ensure Mobile payments policies, procedures, and practices conform to regulatory requirements and network rules
Education and Experience
- Proven experience working with Payments players and Pacific Alliance Countries (Mexico, Chile, Peru, Colombia) is a strong asset
- Ability to communicate (verbal, written) in Spanish is a must
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in similar positions with a Global Company
- Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders in cross-functional teams
- Looking for someone smart and self-motivated, looking to continuously learn and expand their capabilities
- Business / Engineering / Computer Science Degree
- Knowledge and understanding of product development / building new business models
- The ability to work in a fast-paced startup-like environment
- Self-starter attitude with strong, structured, and creative approaches to problem solving
- Outstanding ability to constructively challenge requirements to increase overall value to the business
- MBA is an asset