The Manager, Devops leads a team of DevOps Engineers to build a system infrastructure that is automated, reliable, and elastic. The Manager, Devops will play a key role in increasing customer uptime, reducing opportunities for human error, and ultimately increasing customer satisfaction with the platform by working with the Devops team to develop tools that are self-service and easy to use. All of this must be done in a fiscally responsible manner by leveraging the best of both public and private clouds. Areas of responsibility include management of people, projects, servers, databases, deployment pipelines, and storage solutions.
In addition to being a world class manager, you will need to be hands-on and technically savvy to truly thrive in this role. We are looking for someone who has experience as a Devops Engineer, or managing a Devops-style team, and who can manage complex projects, drive a culture of accountability and continuous improvement, and accurately assess risk vs. reward.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide strong leadership to your team by providing necessary direction while enabling autonomy, helping them work towards their careers, and holding the accountable to their work product
- Use industry best practices to manage and continuously evolve internal deployment pipelines
- Embrace automation to improve speed and quality of environment provisioning, deployment, and management
- Work with Cloud Operations, Engineering, Product Management, and Quality Assurance teams to design and build scalable and maintainable deployment pipelines and automation solutions
- Further advance our knowledge and adoption of public cloud and related technologies
- Ensure deviations from product performance baselines are detected and reported to stakeholders
- Work with Cloud Operations, Engineering, Product Management, and Professional Services to ensure devops processes and technologies are integrated into the entire product lifecycle
- Take ownership of, and increase uptime for product development pipelines
- Develop and manage a budget to ensure an efficient and effective use of capital including personnel, equipment, software, and service purchases
- Proactively conduct capacity and demand planning of systems to ensure the future capabilities of the system are well understood and plans to scales are defined
- Maintain results by coaching and counselling employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising results
- Consistently demonstrate Accruent’s values: humility, integrity, drive to excellence, results orientation, winning attitude, grit
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related field.
- 3-6 years hands on experience leading a technology team.
- 2-4 years in a Devops role, or overseeing Devops personnel
- Working experience in public cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Oracle)
- Experience implementing and maintaining configuration management tools (Chef, Salt Stack, etc.)
- Supporting knowledge of database, networking, operating systems, virtualization, and storage technologies (Oracle/Microsoft SQL, Cisco, Windows/Linux, VMware, NetApp)
- Demonstrated leadership, coaching and mentoring skills combined with flexibility working in a dynamic, fast moving and fast growing technology environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiar with best practices in IT management, change management and architecture; examples would be ITIL, COBIT and TOGAF
- Self-reliant and motivated self-starter.