The PeopleSoft GL Functional Manager will be responsible for developing and supporting the PeopleSoft General Ledger (GL) module along with the integration of all other interfaces and PeopleSoft modules with the GL
- 5+ years of experience as a PeopleSoft Functional or Business Analyst
- Must have at least 5 years of experience with PeopleSoft GL module and nVision reporting including a key role in at least one new implementation
- Ideal experience also includes any knowledge of PeopleSoft Asset Management, Cash Management, Accounts Receivable/Billing, Accounts Payable and Purchasing modules. OBIEE Tools and other Oracle products
- Experience in medium to large-scale PeopleSoft Financials implementations
- Strong understanding of PC, Windows environment, SQL, and PeopleSoft reporting tools (Query and nVision)
- Strong knowledge of application implementation and testing best practices and methodologies
- Ability to write functional requirements, use cases, and other analysis/design artifacts effectively (storyboards, screen prototypes, etc.)
- Experience with user interface and design
- Conceptual knowledge of data modeling and database design
- Experience with testing execution
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self directed - works effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to effectively work on multiple tasks
- Well organized, dependable, punctual, strong work ethic
- Fast learner and able to work to deadlines.
- Ability to pay close attention to details
- Understand the high level business needs surrounding the GL module, gathering information, analyzing processes, assessing impacts, documenting detailed business requirements, creating configuration and design documents to support testing, go live/production support and subsequent hand over of knowledge.
- Ensure that any IT solutions designed, configured, developed and implemented satisfy the business requirements and manage traceability of requirements through design, configuration, development, and testing.
- Work with the Finance department and other stakeholders to gather information utilizing a variety of techniques such as interviews, work sessions, storyboarding, and prototyping.
- Analyze, document, and communicate business requirements and processes.
- Understand project scope, project goals, product functionality, and desired features.
- Evaluate customer needs/issues, analyze business processes, assist in evaluating alternatives, and determine appropriate solutions with technical staff.
- Help determine level of effort and time required for delivery.
- Develop and document business requirements from user perspectives.
- Ensure that business requirements are properly translated and satisfied in functional requirements and design. Assist with system design and data migration reviews as needed.
- Work with Developers and provide guidance as needed.
- Assist with development of test conditions, scripts, and test cases.
- Participate in testing, testing reviews and analysis of testing results. Assist with troubleshooting and providing recommendations.
- Effectively partner with Finance and other IT personnel to deliver solutions.
- Resolve issues quickly and effectively to enable delivery and support of applications.
- Follow standard software implementation best practices relative to analysis, configuration, development and testing.
- Provide ad-hocreporting, data gathering, and feasibility studies to support project business justification as required for management review.
- Suggest improvements or enhancements to processes and systems in order to increase customer satisfaction or improve productivity
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or IT
- Work in a standard office-based environment; non-standard hours are a common occurrence.
Requisition ID: 20828