As the leader of technology development and operations for the Regulatory department, the manager role requires broad and deep technologyexperience to formulate plans that ensure projects are well-executed, meet expectations and avoid major setbacks or rework. The role involves effective cross-department collaboration and coordination. Strong problem solving, data analysis, and software systems design skills are required. Success in this role includes projecting and protecting a culture of technical excellence as well as demonstrating tenacity for comprehension and simplification.
- Developing visions toward holistic and comprehensive system designs for both technology and people. Identifying resources and directing them in achieving department objectives.
- Designing, coding, testing and implementing data processing, rules engine, database, and scripting surveillance applications
- Agileproject management activities such as prioritization, scheduling, and controlling
- Mentoring/guiding team members
- Working as a team/project lead or individual team contributor or individual ownership role flexibly based on the project needs
- Discovery and scoping activities like brainstorming, requirements solicitation, and workflow shadowing
- Process development with feedback loops for continuous improvement to meet increasingly higher technical and functional requirements
- Producing project documentation – roadmaps, reports, high-level charter, functional requirements, technical design and test documents
- Researching or evaluating software/tools and alternate design techniques for new or existing system improvements
- Participating in production 24/7 on-call support rotation
Experiencedesigning and developing technical solutions including large scale data processing. Experience in mentoring, training and developing direct reports. Experience in financial, trading, exchange, banking and/or related fields is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven experience with Python, Java or experience in anotherlanguage with a strong desire to learn Python
- Linux or UNIX-like operating systems and knowledge of at least one scriptinglanguage
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in working on multiple projects concurrently
- Preferredexperience: Hadoop and/or SQL; project management, presentation, document management, and collaboration tools
Bachelor’s Degreerequired; specialization in Computer Science or related field preferred.