The primary responsibility of the Manager - Desktop Special Teams is to manage and directs Desktop Projects, set policies and procedures, direct technical staff, and maintain responsibility for administrative as well as technical issues. This position interfaces with IT managers and technical staff and participates in resolving escalations and coordinating the communication of service status related to his/her area of responsibility. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and The Venetian | The Palazzo Casino Resort’s policies, practices, and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, design, lead, and coordinate desktop support related activities and provide administrative direction and leadership for project requirements.
- Provide leadership, direction, and supervision and technical support to members of the desktop Project team; mentor, coach, and lead staff; create work assignments; establish priorities; monitor, review, and supervise completion of assignments on time; conduct performance evaluations and initiate corrective actions; train staff on new systems; and develop professional growth opportunities.
- Oversee scheduling, prioritization, and timely completion of service calls, work orders, and projects and coordinate/escalate support issues with other IT support teams.
- Provide data and reporting of Key Performance Indicators and trends to IT department and others in ad-hoc, weekly, monthly meetings and as needed.
- Develop Service and Business Level Agreements to set expectations and measure performance. Develop an effective and workable framework for managing and improving DSS Special teams support in the organization.
- Provide expert guidance and consultation to project teams on available solutions to automate work, including systems deployment, software distribution, and security management.
- Maintain centralized policy and procedures documentation and process flows for project support, monitor and facilitate documentation of new of changes to policies and procedures.
- Engage in ongoing professional development activities.
- Hires Team Members, trains, directs, develops, provides succession planning and recommends terminations when necessary.
- Assist management team with creating and writing of SOPs, Standards and Work Instructions
- Point of contact for project teams
- Consistent and regular attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications:
Company Standards of Conduct
All Venetian | Palazzo Team Members are expected to conduct and carry themselves in a professional manner at all times. Team Members are required to observe the Company’s standards, work requirements and rules of conduct. Team Members are expected to behave in a manner that supports a harmonious work environment to help us deliver unmatched service to our guests and customers.
- 21 years of age.
- Proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United States.
- Undergraduatedegree, preferred.
- 5+ years experience managing a Desktop Support team in a challenging, fast paced environment.
- Solid foundation in Microsoft technologies including MS Office Suite, MS System Center Suite, Dell Kace, MDT, WSUS, Active Directory, use of organizational units, profile management, and folder/file level security
- Practical knowledge in widely used services and protocols such as DNS, DHCP, and TCP/IP
- Experience supporting desktops, laptops, printers, and mobile devices in an enterprise level environment.
- General understanding of infrastructural components; LAN/WAN devices, UPS systems, power, fiber connection
- Critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills with demonstrated success in process improvement & standardization.
- Strong organization skills and ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to diagnose/resolve complex, non-traditional issues
- Capable of working independently and creatively solving technical or process related problems
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English, both in spoken and written form.
- Proven experience in team development; coaching, mentoring and leadership.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with guests and other Team Members of different backgrounds and levels of experience.
- Must be able to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays.