Job ID : 92578BRLocation :US - Wisconsin - MadisonJob Description
How Will You Make an Impact?
The Manager, Demand Planning, under the guidance of the Divisional Supply Chain Director and in collaboration with the Business Unit Supply Chain Managers, provides leadership in the development ofanalytical models to improve the demand and supply planning processes. This is an individual contributor role that will lead the demand planning and supply chain analytics process development for the division and will create and maintain key supply chain metrics that cover delivery, inventory, and ERP utilization
What will you do?
- Lead the development of strategy, process and tools for the division’s key forecasting activities for its internalcustomers (sales, product management, and finance) to create accurate forecasts.
- Provide the necessary training to internal personnel in all aspects of demand management and forecasting.
- Develop and deliver communication/awareness sessions for internal customers on the concepts and practicesof demand management and demand collaboration.
- Serve as the technical expert in matters of complex statistical modeling and analysis for demand planning and supply chain data.
- Own the demand plan and its supporting assumptions for a business unit(s), and facilitate the consensus process monthly between customer forecasts gathered by sales together with marketing forecasts developedby product managers.
- Lead the monthly Demand Review for sales and operations planning cycle.
- Monitor the demand plan performance, and continuously improve accuracy of the aggregate forecast and key item / portfolio forecasts.
- Own and maintain appropriate Supply Chain delivery, inventory and ERP utilization metrics.
- Provide supporting tools/presentations/programs/and templates for supply chain analytics across our businesses.
- Will be involved in ongoing inventory analysis and stratification to drive improvement in working capital and customer service levels.
- Will support the development and implementation of the Lean Supply Chain process.
How will you get there?
A Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, or other business management discipline or related field
- 7 - 10 years’ experience working within the Supply Chain field (demand planning, supply chain analytics, inventory management).
- Experience in establishing demand planning function within a business unit or organization.
- Experience with implementing and using at least one demand planning / forecasting tool.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills to translate complex supply chain situations into terms clearly understood by various client groups including senior management.
- Strong analytical skills, combined with practical business acumen.
- Demonstrated ability in building relationships, with strong negotiating skills across various functional teams.
- Strong business knowledge/experience, especially with supply chain functions, critical knowledge of sales, operations and finance.
- Demonstrated ability in working well in a global organization, and ability to thrive in a matrix and cross functional team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of tools.
- Ability to work independently, typically initiating own tasks with input/guidance from manager and/or director.
- Working knowledge of SAP MM/PP/DS is a definite plus as is experience with Forecast Pro.
- Relevant experience with capital goods and consumables business in the Life Science or Medical Device industry.
- ASCM (APICS) certification and/or IBF certification is a plus
- Six Sigma Green / Black Belt Certification desired.
This position has not been approved for relocation assistance.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis ofrace, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.