Position: Manager, DatabaseLocation: Watsonville, CA
The Database Manager will be responsible for managing all activities related to the management, design, implementation and monitoring of all database and database application related systems. Reporting to the VP of Information Technology, this individual will work with IT management to provide overviews of the environment and help create roadmaps for the future state. This role will also be responsible for ensuring all database implementations are secure, recoverable and perform to meet business needs. This position will also be hands on and involved in all aspects of OLTP and data warehousing operations.
- Work with the VP and IT leaders to develop roadmap for replacement of EOL technologies or new technologies that will bring benefit to the company.
- Manage the process of gathering, analyzing, and assessing the current and future database threats that may risk the security of the company’s data.
- Monitor and report on performance, recoverability, and availability of all database technologies.
- Propose changes to existing policies and procedures to ensure a secure operating environment and high availability.
- Provide mentorship and guidance on different database technologies to the IT Staff.
- Identify sensitive data that may require additional protection (i.e. PII, etc.).
- Implement procedures to ensure that security, availability, performance and recoverability are factored into the evaluation, selection, installation, and configuration of all database technologies.
- Manage outsourced vendors that provide database services with contracted service-level agreements.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of all database activities and delegate as needed.
- Implement standard operating procedure to ensure database access, builds and architectures are implemented consistently.
- All capacity planning in relation to performance and data requirements.
- Management: Effectively assigns tasks and decisions; Clearly defines what is urgent and what is not in setting priorities; Organizes resources and leverages the individual and combined talent of the team to get things done.
- 5+ years' experience in the database administration field, specifically in database management or database team lead role.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Proven experience with current database technologies.
- Experience managing databases in the cloud a plus.
Technical Knowledge and Certifications:
- Professional SQL Servers certifications a plus
- Data Warehouse certifications a plus
- Understanding of OLTP vs Data Warehouse design differences a must
- Strong knowledge of SQL Server SSIS a must
- Strong knowledge of SQL Server Databases a must.
- Strong performance database tunning a must.
- Knowledge of Alteryx a plus