Reach Your Peak with ICMA-RC, a FINANCIAL SERVICES LEADER in public sector employee retirement products and services. Headquartered in Washington, DC, our Financial Services corporation manages over $50 billion in retirement plan assets for more than one million participant accounts. We are constantly looking for ways to create new opportunities to serve our participants. We have an extraordinary talent base and invite you to consider joining ICMA-RC's Information Technology Team.
This position is responsible for all activities related to the administration of all corporate databases including Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server. Assigns personnel to various projects and leads prioritizing and directing their activities. Mentors and develops team members as high performing associates and potential successors. Reviews and evaluates their work and prepares performance reports. Confers with and advises subordinates on administrative policies and procedures, technical issues, and all issues related to database administration. Consults with and advises application developers and analysts of the various databases. Defines future requirements for database administration in conjunction with other managers within Information Technology. The position requires a strong focus on quality, being detail oriented and highly dedicated. Business continuity of all databases is essential and requires 24 x 7 support that is very time sensitive.
Essential functions for this role include:
• Manage the operational support of production and development database systems in a
24x7 production environment
• Oversee the execution of Database Administration Team activities including assigning work responsibilities and ensuring timely completion of tasks related to the Database Administration Team
• Mentor and develop team members
• Manage the support activities for applications development teams in designing, developing and implementing database applications, including defining the database architecture, data modeling, and database object definitions
• Monitor and tune databases to avoid issues and maximize performance.
• Maintain high availability including participating in and supporting off-site disaster recovery for critical databases. Must be able to fail or switch production databases to other sites within predetermined SLA’s.
• Evaluate and recommend vendor products to support database administration activities
• Participate in strategic planning and budgeting
• Support security policies to ensure integrity of data
• Patch and upgrade databases to secure databases in a timely manner as required by policy
• Other duties as assigned
Requirements If you have the following credentials, we encourage you to apply:
• BA/BS or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of experience in Information Technology with 2+ years of experience in a technical leadership role, experience managing or performing Oracle and Sql Server DBA functions in a 24/7 production UNIX or Linux environment.
• Strong working knowledge of database configuration, monitoring and tuning
• Excellent organization and oral/written communications skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and experience with team building, mentoring, coaching and career development
• Proven leadership, problem solving consensus building, training and quality assurance skills
• Experience with complex database engineering, database upgrade planning/management
• Experience with mission-critical databases
• MS Access experience, preferred
• Experience with data warehouses, Big Data and cloud environments, preferred
• Certifications preferred:
Oracle Database 12c Certified master
Oracle Databasse 12c RAC and Grid Infrastructure Administration
Oracle Database 12c Performance Management and Tuning
MCSA: Sql 2016 Database Administration
MCSA: Sql Server 2012/2014