At Mattel, our vision is Inspiring the Wonder of Childhood. We strive to achieve this vision primarily through our creative and enthusiastic employees who DARE to be innovative, and THRIVE in a friendly and fast-paced environment.
Mattel is committed to developing employees and supporting their career goals, helping them GROW with a host of meaningful experiences and learning opportunities. And by promoting a culture of BALANCE that emphasizes working passionately and taking time to play often, we are proud of how our employees LEAD by example in all that they do!
Mattel is looking for a data science leader to help us develop and implement the algorithms and models that form the foundation of our Nursery of the Future vision. It is an opportunity to work with the latest connected devices and hardware as well as with a sophisticated IoT platform that will process large amounts of data per second. If you are looking to work with the latest technology and create an uncompromising user experience that guides them through challenges of a connected platform then this will be a rewarding opportunity.
- Lead a team of in-house and consulting data scientists to create algorithms that deliver consumer product features and benefits
- Research, develop, and apply methods for measuring and analyzing customer data to derive insights
- Develop machine learning algorithms that help determine customer behavior before it occurs
- Lead investigations and conduct field studies applicable to customer behavior
- Work with the engineering team to implement and deploy streaming algorithms to production
- Help the product team by introducing and helping to test and validate ideas around proposed product features
- Partner with the hardware team to validate inputs and test performance of developing algorithms
- Work with engineering to develop realistic simulations of system behavior for use in performance and load testing
- Evaluate, select and test tools used to perform data analysis and regression
Sproutling is located in the beautiful Embarcadero part of the Financial District in downtown San Francisco. The office is steps away from the Embarcadero Bart Station and the Ferry Building. Restaurants, shops, hotels, banks and wonderful views of the bay are within a short walk of our sunny, open floor plan office.
Experience, Education & Skills
- Minimum of a MS in a quantitative discipline such as Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, etc. PhD preferred.
- 5-10 years of professional experience developing and applying Machine Learning and Statistical algorithms
- Professional experience working with both customer and research data sets
- Demonstrated proficiency in SQL, SAS, Matlab, or R.
- Comfortable writing code in Python to prove algorithms
Nice to Have:
- Past experience converting scientific or data algorithms to higher performance languages like Scala and C/C++
- Experience with Spark and a base level understanding of RDDs and Dataframes is valuable
- Experience in signal processing
- Experience with Apache Flink
Requisition Number 180502