Explore the possibilities across our global house of brands.
Defined by inclusivity rather than exclusivity, Tapestry embraces the exploration of individuality and invests in helping you grow personally and professionally. Every individual in our global house has the opportunity to make an impact, learn and be part of our growing and unique story.
At Tapestry, we have the freedom to express ourselves and run with our best ideas across Coach, Kate Spade New York, and Stuart Weitzman. We share a profound belief in both our individual and collective potential, and know that with hard work and dedication, anything is possible.
Primary Purpose: This Data Scientist will join our ongoing customer personalization and product recommendation initiatives focused on improving the relevancy, response rate, and customer experience across all brands. You will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with our business partners, developing and maintaining models serving personalized content, and expanding the scope and reach of data-driven customer recommendations.
The successful candidate will leverage their experience in Data Science to...
- Collect, clean, integrate, analyze, and visualize internal and external data on customer and product characteristics to identify opportunities and guide strategy
- Develop customer-level product and promotion recommendations for all Tapestry brands and regions
- Deploy personalization models as batch and real-time API processes integrating with our internal AWS environment and external partners
- Partner with various Tapestry business teams including Ecommerce, CRM, and Marketing to identify the best opportunities and the right solutions
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Experience developing and deploying machine learning models
- Python and SQL coding skills
- 4+ years of experience as a Data Scientist
- BA/BS in a technical field (Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science, etc.)
- An understanding of Agile workflows and product development cycles
The outstanding individual will possess...
- A Masters or PhD in a technical field
- Expertise in AWS, Azure, and/or GCP
- Experience working with non-technical teams and business partners
Knowledge of retail and an interest in fashion
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Managerial Courage: Doesn’t hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and “actionable” positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.