Our data science team is expanding! We are looking for an experienced data science leader to lead and grow a team working tocollect, process and analyze data from projects relating to energy, healthcare, finance and logistics.
Beyond Limits is a pioneering Artificial Intelligence company with a technology history in Space Exploration. A satellite of NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab and Caltech, Beyond Limits provides advanced intelligence solutions that go far beyond conventional AI. Our cognitive computing technology mimics human thought processes and provides autonomous reasoning to aid human-like decision-making.
- Hire and manage highly skilled data scientists, providing mentorship, guidance and career development to members of the team
- Work with cross-functional partners in sales, engineering, marketing, and finance, to achieve business goals
- Lead and prioritize deep dives into our data to uncover new product and business opportunities
- Develop analytical frameworks, roadmaps, and metrics for the team and broader organization
- Collaborate with other leaders and executives to build data-informed business strategy and roadmaps
- Serve as a champion of sound decision-making at all levels of the company
- 2+ years management experience building and leading data science teams
- Master's degree from top tier college/university in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Physics, Engineering, Mathematics, or other closely related field.
- PhD preferred
- Prior management and team-building experience. You'll be managing several direct reports initially and will have the opportunity to scale, build and develop a team of experienced professionals.
- Excellent execution and organization. This team will be working with engineers and psales leads at the forefront of the development cycle. To excel in this role, you should be comfortable executing with little oversight and be able to adapt toproblems quickly.
- Strategic mindset - you're comfortable thinking a few steps ahead of where the team is at now.
- Experience with Python leveraging large (TB) datasets with machine learning techniques
- Application of data science solutions in industrial projects
- Domain expertise in energy, healthcare, finance, and/or logistics
- Research experience with high impact publications