Description: Job Summary:
In addition to the responsibilities listed below, this position is also responsible for leading and solving complex client analytics problems; managing the development of experimental design approaches; reviewing validity of information, how long information is meaningful, and relation to other information; ensuring information is in compliance with regulatory and security policies; and qualifying where information can be stored or what information may be used in support of the use case.
This position is also responsible for utilizing patterns and variations in the volume, speed and other characteristics of data supporting an initiative, data type, and speed or sudden variations in data collection; managing and developing usage and access control policies and systems; partnering with data stewards in continuous improvement processes impacting data quality to define data quality expectation for specific use case; ensuring the organization understands principles and math behind the process; and managing on-going tracking and monitoring of performance of decision systems and statistical models.Essential Responsibilities:
- Pursues professional growth and provides developmental opportunities for others by soliciting and acting on performance feedback; building collaborative, cross-functional relationships; training and developing talent for growth opportunities; delegating tasks and decisions; fostering open dialogue amongst team members; executing performance management guidelines and expectations; and working closely with employees to set goals and provide open feedback and coaching to drive performance improvement.
- Manages designated work unit by translating business plans into tactical action items; ensuring all policies and procedures are followed; delegating tasks to meet goals and objectives; overseeing the completion of work assignments; aligning team efforts; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; removing obstacles that impact performance; and guiding performance and developing contingency plans accordingly.
- Manages the development, implementation, and automation of business and reporting solutions by partnering with stakeholders to ensure their design, planning, and implementation needs are being met while ensuring consistency and coherency of output; reviewing and approving results; ensuring data reports, visualizations, and/or interactive Business Intelligence (BI) reports meet established standards; reporting to senior-level stakeholders on key findings; and identifying needs for the development and implementation of additional reporting solutions.
- Manages strategic data-informed decisions by consulting with senior-level clients and leadership to identify and clarify key business needs across functional areas, business and/or clinical lines; managing the development of outcomes and process measures; reviewing the translation of business requirements; determining data/information needs and data collection methods; leading the development of analysis plans; reviewing the impact of business decisions on clients, customers, and/or members; collaborating with clients and staff to identify opportunities and methods to improve efficiencies with analysis; ensuring end-users are supported and trained; and reviewing documentation of processes and deliverables.
- Manages data analysis interpretation by reviewing findings and their application to contextual settings; reviewing insights, reports, and presentations to ensure a compelling story for stakeholders to enable and influence decision making; and sharing insights with internal and/or external audiences.
- Manages data preparation for analytic efforts by integrating and consolidating data; ensuring data quality and accuracy; approving process improvements and recommending system changes to enhance overall quality of the data; escalating issues to ensure remediation as appropriate; and reviewing complex or high-profile data sets.
- Manages data and information collection on targeted variables in an established systematic fashion by reviewing and approving data sources; providing guidance and review regarding data collection methods and analysis; leading routine data refresh and update; reviewing the development and/or delivery of tools for electronic data collection; ensuring users are trained and supported; and auditing documentation.
- Manages the execution of creative data analytic approaches leading to actionable outcomes by reviewing data design and analysis; approving metrics to be analyzed; defining, calculating, and validating algorithms; reviewing and approving results of analyses; and providing technical support on complex analyses including inferential and/or predictive statistics.
- Minimum two (2) years experience working with data visualization tools.
- Minimum four (4) years statistical analysis and modeling experience.
- Minimum four (4) years programming experience.
- Minimum four (4) years machine learning experience.
- Minimum three (3) years experience in a leadership role with or without direct reports.
- Bachelors degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Social/Physical/Life Science, Business, or related field and Minimum six (6) years progressive corporate, non-profit, or consulting experience, including Minimum four (4) years in data analytics or directly related field. Additional equivalent work experience in a directly related field may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Two (2) years experience working with Open Source Tools (e g , R, Python).
- Two (2) years statistical modeling experience.
- Two (2) years experience working with business intelligence tools.
- Two (2) years text analytics experience.
- Two (2) years deep learning experience.
- Two (2) years experience working with artificial intelligence tools.
- Two (2) years experience working with Business Objects.
- Two (2) years machine learning experience.
- Two (2) years experience working with SQL.
- Two (2) years relational database experience.
- Two (2) years experience working with data extraction and manipulation language.
- Two (2) years programming experience.
- Two (2) years experience working with data visualization tools.
- Two (2) years experience working with statistical analysis software.
- Two (2) years health care experience.
- Two (2) years experience delivering presentations to management.
- Masters degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Social/Physical/Life Science, Business, or related field.
California,Oakland,1800 Harrison Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start:
08:00 AM Working Hours End:
05:00 PM Job Schedule:
Full-time Job Type:
Standard Employee Status:
Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation:
NUE-PO-01|NUE|Non Union Employee Job Level:
Manager with Direct Reports Specialty:
Data Analytics & Reporting Department:
Po/Ho Corp - Membership & Market Analytics - 7016 Travel:
No Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.