For over a century, Neiman Marcus Group has served the unique needs of our discerning customers by staying true to the principles of our founders: to be the premier omni-channel retailer of luxury and fashion merchandise dedicated to providing superior service and a distinctive shopping experience in our stores and on our websites. Neiman Marcus Group is comprised of the Specialty Retail Stores division, which includes Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman, and our international brand, mytheresa.com. Our portfolio of brands offers the finest luxury and fashion apparel, accessories, jewelry, beauty, and home décor. The Company operates more than 40 Neiman Marcus full-line stores in the most affluent markets across the United States, including U.S. gateway cities that draw an international clientele. In addition, we operate 2 Bergdorf Goodman stores in landmark locations on Fifth Avenue in New York City. We also operate more than 20 Last Call by Neiman Marcus off-price stores that cater to a value oriented, yet fashion minded customer. Our upscale eCommerce and direct-to-consumer division includes NeimanMarcus.com, BergdorfGoodman.com Horchow.com and LastCall.com. Every day each of our 15,000 NMG associates work towards the goal of enabling our customers to shop any of our brands "anytime, anywhere, and on any device." Whether the merchandise we sell, the customer service we offer, or our investments in technology, everything we do is to enhance the customer experience across all channels and brands.
The Manager, Data Governance position will facilitate enterprise wide adoption of standards related to the governance and management of Customer Master Data across the Neiman Marcus Group. This position will play a lead role in implementing, standardizing and operationalizing the use of Customer data throughout the organization.
This position will:
- Define operating standards, processes and training required for all Customer Master Data use cases
- Monitor the state of Customer Master Data across the enterprise, identify areas of opportunity and define corresponding action plans
- Set strategy and direction for overall consumption of Customer Master Data by various end user applications and platforms
- Perform root cause analysis on all data issues and recommend plan of action to resolve
- Develop and review data profiling reports and proactively identify potential data quality issues
- Serve as a liaison between Business and Functional areas and Technology (IS) to ensure that data related business requirements, issues, and questions for protecting sensitive data are clearly defined, communicated and well understood and considered as part of operational prioritization and planning
- Manage, prioritize, assign and help bring to resolution all requests and tickets that come to the Governance Operations team
- Define indicators of performance and quality metrics and ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements
- Own and drive resolution to all Customer Master Data issues
- Chair monthly Governance Council meetings: define agenda, articulate context when decisions are required by Council
- Minimum of 3+ years of related experience in a data-driven and governance-focused (Data Governance, Data Management, Master Data Management and/or Data Quality) role
- Experience querying and analyzing large data sets, SQL preferred
- Experience with current data warehousing concepts and best practices
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with different database schemas (structured & unstructured) and ETL processes
- Bachelor's degree in either a Technology or Business discipline preferred, MBA a plus
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required.