The purpose of the Manager, Data Engineering role is leading and developing the implementation of a Big Data platform that supports the creation of a unified data platform, housing raw & refined data from various sources of record, enabling: lean, faster delivery of data, enhanced data management & engineering, advanced analytical capabilities (for power users and data scientists), maintaining metadata repositories & data lineage, mastering data. The intent of this position is to build a Big Data foundation that can be leveraged to build services on an ongoing basis, that support multiple business areas across the organization.
- Lead and develop the strategy for the roadmap and execution of Money Mart’s future analytics & reporting architecture vision
- Lead and enhance data lake platform acquiring additional data sources – structured and unstructured
- Lead the reporting data structure design and oversee the design phases of the projects assuring that design conforms to established architecture design guidelines and standards
- Strategically develop and deliver long-term goals for data architecture standards
- Create short-term tactical solutions to achieve long-term objectives and data management roadmap
- Establish processes for identification, collection, and use of corporate metadata; take steps to assure metadata accuracy
- Create strategies and plans for data security; disaster recovery and total business continuity
- Ensure the success of enterprise-level application roll-outs; connect vendors and providers to select products and services that meet the company’s goal
- Assess and determine framework for managing data across the organization; oversee mapping of data sources, data movement, and analytics, with the goal of ensuring data quality; develop key components as needed to create testing criteria in order to guarantee the performance of data architecture; document the data architecture and environment in order to maintain a current and accurate view of the larger data picture
- Evaluate new technologies and products, and research to identify opportunities that impact business strategy, business requirements and performance that can accelerate access to data and automate key data flows. e.g Advanced Machine Learning Technologies
- Develop highly scalable and extensible Big Data platform which enables collection, storage, modeling, and analysis of massive data sets from numerous channels
- Analyze latest Big Data Analytic technologies and their innovative applications in both business intelligence analysis and new service offerings, adopt and implement these insights and best practices
- BS in computer science, or related scientific field
- Masters degree in computer science, or related technical field
- Minimum of 5 years related work experience within Financial Services Industry.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Analytics domain with at least 1 year in Digital Analytics.
- 5+ year of data analysis, data modeling and data management experience.
- Experience with building a data lake over Cloud / Azure, ADF, Synapse
- Exposure to traditional BI Tools (Tableau, Power BI, Qlik, SSRS, etc.)
- Drive projects that merge digital and transactional data for advanced analytics.
- Experience implementing Data Lake projects.
- Experience building web-services is a plus.
- Functional knowledge of financial instruments such as Installment Loans, Payday Loans and data domains such as loans, underwriting, collection, promotions, call center data, Fraud, etc.