The Competency Leader of Data Engineering will work closely with project teams to ensure consistent delivery of end-to-end data solutions. This leader will partner with the Data Analytics & AI Practice Leader and the aligned Community of Practice (CoP) Leaders to develop consultant training paths and grow the skills of the delivery team. He/She will also partner directly with the CoP leader to ensure artifacts are in place to accelerate delivery. Those artifacts would include things like best practices and standards documents, acceleration tools, template, and others. This role has a 25% billable target in an oversight capacity.
Duties will Include:
- Practice Growth
- Accountable for the quality and consistency of delivery across CCG’s data engineering teams.
- Participate in the planning and assignment of resources onto customer projects and opportunities, including talent acquisition and performance management when required.
- Review and provide oversight to solution, scope and cost management of selected opportunities and customer projects.
- Align with Data Analytics & AI Practice leader to develop solutions and offerings that will drive practice growth.
- Bring your experience and ideas to help bring innovative ideas around data design and engineering.
- Grow the practice by:
- Mentoring to upskill peers and juniors
- Contributing internally and externally as a thought leader in the space
- Team Development
- Responsible for hiring and training employees within practice domain while fostering a positive, engaging environment.
- Ensuring team members are skilled in current development technologies and positioned to evolve to the latest, more future-oriented development technologies.
- Create, enhance. and continuously improve internal tools and methodologies for implementing solutions within the practice domain.
- Coach, mentor and develop team leaders and team members.
- Establish and ensure completion of team’s OKRs.
- Sales Support
- Partner with Sales Team to serve as Pursuit Lead or Solution Lead on strategic sales opportunities.
- Balance personal pursuit workload by making tactical decisions to leverage team members to fulfill pursuit roles and maximize CCG’s ability to win opportunities.
- Support delivery enablement of new and existing solutions and offers
- Partner with Practice Leadership to reinforce, enhance and continuously evolve solution offerings and reference architecture within the practice domain.
- Support CCG’s go to market framework focusing on training and enabling delivery to successfully estimate and deliver custom offerings.
- Support the creation of sales and marketing assets for services and solutions within the practice domain.
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least 7 years’ professional data & analytics experience in a consulting capacity.
- Solid critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Proven ability to inspire and lead high-performing teams tapping into team members’ intrinsic motivators and building a culture of extraordinary teamwork and customer focus.
- Strong analytical mindset with the ability to provide sound strategic recommendations and practical operational insight to senior executives.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills: demonstrated ability to structure complex problems, develop solutions, and craft high-quality presentations to senior management.
- Solid understanding of trends within the data engineering space.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to clearly communicate complex information to functional leaders and executives.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience working for a large consulting firm in a similar capacity
- Bachelor’s degree required preferably in an analytical discipline such as mathematics, engineering, computer science, economics, or business administration