Manager - Data Engineer ( Corporate )
5 - 7 years experience • Restaurants & Food Services
As part of the application process, you are required to create a candidate account to log back in and view your application(s). Check your email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
The Data Engineer Manager will be responsible for contributing to the development of data pipelines serving Enterprise Analytics teams in support of analytical applications. The position will partner with the Senior Data Engineer Manager and drive change and business benefits through data alignment across the MGM enterprise. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts International policies, practices and procedures.
- Develop sustainable data driven solutions with current and new gen data technologies to meet the needs of analytic organization and business customers.
- Collaborate with Sr Data Engineer Manager to build robust systems for the long term maintenance and support of the application.
- Leverage reusable code modules to solve problems across the team and organization.
- Champion cross team design and development via technical leadership and mentoring.
- Design modernarchitecture, frameworks, and enterprise data patterns (including security patterns).
- Develop data set processes for data modeling, mining and production.
- Research opportunities for data acquisition and new uses for existing data.
- Manage the Enterprise Metadata Architecture and Standards.
- Implement strategy and architecture for Enterprise Analytics Data Management.
- Provide input on ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality.
- Participate in developing and ensuring compliance with architecture principles and standards for the various systems and components based on design patterns.
- Provide architecture input to the Architecture Review process.
- Perform other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor's degree Computer Science, Information Management or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible job-related experience related to data management, which includes 2 years of experience in data modeling.
- Familiarity with traditional and emerging databasetechnologies and integration tools such as but not limited to: Teradata, Oracle, MS SQL Server, DataStage, Denodo, or Informatica.
- Some experience with one or more tools such as R, Python, Ruby, Ansible, Chef, Spark, Hadoop.
- Intellectual capacity and demonstrated experience in design and implementation of flexible/rapid prototyping of data models, metadata solution and data management solutions.
- Expertise in information and integration architecture and technologies.
- Strong leadership, communication and influencing skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Master’s Degree.
- Experience in marketing, customer data, hospitality, gaming or equivalent field.
- Prior exposure to data modeling tools such as but not limited to Erwin/Power Designer.
- Expertise with platforms like Azure, Pivotal, or AWS nice to have.
- Expertise in Data Integration patterns including virtualization tools such as Denodo.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.