We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Universal Music Group is looking for a Manager to join the Strategic Analytics team.
The Manager will consult on projects for Senior Executives, as well as individuals within Global Digital Strategy, Global Marketing, Business Development, Global Communications, Commercial Partnerships, and Finance business units. The ideal candidate should have experience supervising and mentoring more junior analysts but will be excited to consistently conduct analysis on their own using large data sets in SQL and Excel. Candidates with financial modeling experience preferred. Candidates should also demonstrate a solid understanding (or an eagerness to learn) the business models that are currently revolutionizing digital and subscription-based media.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Manage the work process and professional development for yourself and 1 Analyst on the Strategic Analytics team
- Create executive-level presentations to drive UMG-wide strategy
- Work with stakeholders in a consultative fashion to understand goal of requests
- Able to learn quickly and become a deep subject matter expert on all of UMG’s various data sources
- Extract necessary data for projects using complex SQL scripts, and ensure query accuracy for more junior Analyst on the team
- Create detailed financial models for scenario analysis on UMG’s biggest licensing negotiations
- Sample analysis may include:
- Using data to identify user trends and platform trends, including user engagement, listening habits, conversion, retention, monetization, genre insights, among many others
- Developing dynamic models to support licensing negotiations (e.g., with Spotify, Apple), executive presentations, and high-level decision-making
Bring your VIBE:
- 4-6 years’ quantitative experience using SQL and Excel to conduct data analysis, with at least 1-2 years of direct supervising experience
- Ability to visualize data using PowerPoint and other tools
- Experience managing and engaging with clients in a consultative or analytical capacity
- Ability to build relationships across business units and work well in a collaborative team environment
- Passion and curiosity for music and the data that is used within the industry
- Ability to balance multiple projects and deadlines
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!