The Manager, Data Engineering within the Data & Analytics team will be responsible for managing and supporting the systems and technologies utilized by the Distribution Analytics. The position will be responsible for managing the end-to-end Data & Analytics projects thinking through the data flow, Data Engineering, Analytics, Standards, Best practices, Accelerators, quick starts, Execution framework, and Scorecard for multiple projects across multi-cloud platforms.
Also to Continuously improve Project execution & Operational excellence.
As part of the global Operations & Technology organization, Data & Analytics is focused on analytics strategies for the future. We support NBCU's vast portfolio of brands - from broadcast, cable, news, and sports networks to film studios, world-renowned theme parks, and a diverse suite of digital properties. We take pride in supplying our business groups with data to advise and shape strategic business decisions related to our content. Here we can. Here You can.
- Manage a team of Data & Analytic Engineers, developers, and analysts and allocate work based on priority, resource availability, and skillsets.
- Manage the prioritization and execution of Projects & enhancements, including communication to key stakeholders and coordination of work effort within internal IT teams, and the business community
- Manage and optimize the process workflow for operational efficiency
- Oversee data governance framework and manage controls around access and usage
- Analyze and assess the architectural changes based on the quality and volume of data being consumed and create work products that lead to the implementation of technical solutions
- Serve as the escalation point for the day-to-day operational activities across the landscape of applications utilized by the business
- Lead the application development and enhancement activities across the portfolio throughout all phases of the development lifecycle
- Build and manage relationships with supporting IT teams within the matrixed organization in order to effectively deliver work products to production
- Review and approve the deliverables from these teams, providing feedback and expertise to ensure high quality work product
- Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in computer engineering, computer science, information systems, data science, or relevant field.
• Google Cloud & AWS Certified a plus.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in managing Data & BI teams.
• Minimum 10 years of experience with Data Engineering, Analytics, SQL, and or other data discovery and analysis platforms in a capacity supporting day-to-day operations
• 5+ years of experience in designing and implementing robust & varied analytics and API solutions in the cloud, particularly with GCP, AWS, serverless, and otherwise.
• Intuitive knowledge of Well-Architected Frameworks and principles for the cloud.
• Strong knowledge of CI/CD automation techniques and security concepts for production cloud deployments.
• Thorough understanding of Data Engineering processes, Data Warehouse Schemas, lake formation & Data Mesh
• Experience with reporting tools preferred.
• Experience building governance frameworks on cloud-hosted systems
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to utilize technology to create innovative solutions
• Extensive experience gathering and documenting functional user requirements with a strong knowledge of structured IT analysis methodologies, including process flow definition and data flow diagramsAbout Us
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal's commitment and how we are making an impact.Notices
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.