Position Purpose: Support analytic data needs for assigned business unit. Handle complex data requests and acts as a “go to” person for other Data Analysts.
- Identify and prioritize recurring and ad hoc data analysis needs of the Health Plan to enable management to control medical costs and ensure delivery of quality healthcare to members
- Coordinate analysis and develop initiatives with cross health plan initiatives and capabilities
- Perform analysis and reporting to support the Health Plan and Corporate
- Manage development efforts with technical team liaisons, including business requirements gathering and documentation, testing, delivery and user adoption, and effectively communicate deliverable expectations to the Health Plan
- Analyze plan data including service and clinical trend analysis
- Develop reports through various data reporting tools
- Manage, mentor, and train team of analysts
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience. Master’s degree preferred. 5+ years of data analysis experience, preferably in healthcare. Previous experience as a lead in a functional area, managing cross functional teams on large scale projects or supervisory experience including hiring, training, assigning work and managing the performance of staff. Advanced SQL and Microsoft Excel skills, relational database knowledge, and various data reporting tool experience preferred. Knowledge of statistics and application of high level mathematical models in medical and pharmacy claims data preferred. Understanding of health insurance business, claims payment procedures, strategies and trends in health care government programs preferred.
- · Demonstrates the ability to conduct qualitative and quantitative research and to analyze data in order to produce publications.
- · Possesses strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- · Ability to effectively organize and manage multiple assignments with challenging timelines while maintaining high standards.
- · Good understanding of experiment design: Control vs variations, factorial experiment design, multivariate experiments, simple random sampling vs stratified, etc.
- · Participates in planning and execution of strategic investments in analytic tools and applications
- · Evaluates effectiveness and return on investment (ROI) for various initiatives
- · Advance Knowledge of Designing and implementing epidemiologic studies to understand disease burden and health care services being utilized for disease diagnosis and treatment.
- · Develop and champion adoption of population health analytics programs, including affordability, quality and health outcomes
- · Lead the ongoing development of analytic capabilities, within the enterprise to enable enhanced client solutions through improved data reporting