At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to workin the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
This role has responsibility to provide strategic Technical advice and consultation regarding overall security design of internal IT Infrastructure, security solutions in Cloud, as well as proprietary Medical devices. The IT Security Architect provides expertise in policy, security, and documentation solution and design for IT infrastructure and integration projects, including IT Security compliance analysis and IT Audit preparedness.
- Direct Reports = 4 to 5
- Leads/manages cybersecurity network, system, application – architects to optimize the security of Abbott’s current computerized network on prem or off.
- Design security for new digital / computer projects.
- Future looking to help not only what is new or on the horizon for cybersecurity but what is the future of digital that cyber will need to secure.
- System security architect
- Defines specific infrastructure requirements to comply with internal policies and regulatory requirements.
- Develops and maintains tools and processes for vulnerability scanning, results interpretation and remediation.
- Performs ethical hacking activities to test security posture of target devices.
- Leads system vulnerability testing, code review, and overall risk assessment activities.
- Provides technical consultation and direction for infrastructure tool design, architecture and system performance, and evolving technologies. ·.
- Plans and implements new security systems by evaluating network and security technologies. developing requirements for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls, and related security and network devices. designs public key infrastructures (PKIs), including use of certification authorities (CAs) and digital signatures as well as hardware and software. adhering to industry standards.
- Designs security models. reviews and approves security configurations and installation of firewall, VPN, routers, IDS scanning technologies and servers.
- Enhances security team accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions. answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members. teaching improved processes. mentoring team members.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices and standards. participating in educational opportunities. reading professional publications.
- maintaining personal networks. participating in professional organizations.
Supports Medical Devices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field Desirable certifications include CISSP, CEH, SANS/GIAC
- At least 5 year’s experience specifically devoted to IT Security providing IT Security architect role. ·Strong analytical skills and deep subject matter expertise across various platforms.
- Deep cyber security expertise to be credible to organization when making recommendations and driving change.
- Oral and written communication skills with the ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that's understandable for non-technical audiences.
- Ability to lead technical project teams that cross business functions.
- Team player.