We are seeking a Manager, Cyber Security Operations to join our team in San Antonio, Texas!
- The Security Engineer Manager will oversee and coordinate global logical security efforts across the company, in collaboration with several other departments.
- Those efforts include information technology, human resources, communications, legal, facilities management and other groups, and will identify and operationalize security initiatives and standards.
- This person will have between 1 and 5 direct reports, who are either Security Engineers or Architects, with CISSP certifications and equivalent experience.
- Expert knowledge of security intrusion methods, detection and prevention.
- Expert Knowledge of standards, security controls, information technology and information security.
- Excellent management, communication, documentation, prioritization and change management skills.
- Expert Knowledge of pertinent law and the law enforcement community.
- Strong skill set on current intrusion methods and prevention.
- Ability to communicate technical info and ideas so others will understand.
- Ability to make appropriate decisions considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions.
- Ability to apply varying leadership skills and traits that create solutions and results to unexpected situations.
- Ability to coach and motivate less experienced team members to achieve their goals.
- Ability to successfully work and promote inclusiveness in small groups.
- Ability to provide FANATICAL support.
- Participates in business continuity planning, data loss prevention and fraud prevention.
- Responsible for a variety of security initiatives and vendors that safeguard the company's assets, intellectual property and computer systems.
- Identifies security architecture, protection goals, objectives and metrics consistent with corporate strategic plan.
- Manages the development and implementation of global security policy, standards, guidelines and procedures to ensure ongoing maintenance of security.
- Oversees incident response planning as well as the investigation of security breaches, and assists with disciplinary and legal matters associated with such breaches as necessary.
- Works with outside consultants as appropriate for independent security audits.
- Experience leading and directing, related to planning, developing and implementation of technical security systems, controls and practices.
- Works with subordinates to define team projects, goals, and objectives.
- Receives periodic review of individual and unit performance.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience required.
- Requires a minimum of 8-10 years' experience in Logical Security.
- This individual must have experience with intrusion detection system, hacker techniques, phishing schemes, emerging logical security threats, compromised server techniques.
- The individual must have a technical background, and be able to understand network, operating system, database and application development design and support.
- These skills are critical for the individual to be able to analyze issues and recommend solutions for the detection, remediation and prevention of security vulnerabilities.
- Should understand the compliance, legal and ethical obligations that organizations should have with respect to logical security, personally identifiable information, data protection, etc.
- CISSP certification required (or near-term plan for attaining certification).
- Demonstrated ability to consistently provide FANATICAL support.
*This opportunity is to join one of our after-hours shifts. Second shift starts at 4pm and third shift starts at 10pm. Each Racker on the shift is requirement to work at least one weekend day.*About Rackspace
We accelerate the value of the cloud during every phase of digital transformation. By managing apps, data, security and multiple clouds, we are the best choice to help customers get to the cloud, innovate with new technologies and maximize their IT investments. We have been honored by Fortune, Forbes, Glassdoor and others as one of the best places to work. Join us on our mission to build the world's best technology services company.