Zola is looking for an upbeat, organized, and empathetic individual to lead our best in class customer support team. Our Support team is the heart of our company and takes great care in taking care of our couples and customers. As a leader, you will engage and manage an organization of full-time and seasonal agents throughout the year.
- Provide the strategic vision to continue to build and scale the support team with a mix of remote and in-office agents.
- Determine the correct mix of in-house agents and partnerships to provide best in class support and meet department KPI’s within our hours of service.
- Manage an organization that offers coverage (7 days a week – 10AM-10PMEST)
- Continue to iterate on what “best in class” service means and recalibrate our SLA’s as needed.
- Drive agent and customer satisfaction as an advocate for your internal and external customers.
- Owner of agent productivity and quality through process enhancements, systems, hiring, training, etc.
- Manage the support budget and partner with finance to manage costs.
- Account owner for external relationships for tools and services - Renegotiate and renew any contracts as needed with 3rd party vendors, manage quality, explore new products to add to the support ecosystem
- Lead initiatives to drive amazing employee morale and connection as we continue to work remotely for the indefinite future.
- Coach a team of 3 – 5 direct reports (shift supervisors and support managers) to manage the day to day operations of the support.
- Collaborate with our talent team to continue to drive team development of both agent and supervisors.
- Launch and manage an explorer-ship program to provide continued growth opportunities for agents within the Zola organization.
- Create long range and short range staffing plans. Partner with the talent team to select the best agents and iterate on our hiring practices.
- Continue to grow the trust and safety team to monitor the site for payment abuse, terms of service violations and other malicious activities.
- Continuously provide feedback to the various business verticals and Product teams to enhance the customer experience.
- Drive internal improvements to our agent administrative portal and advocate for resources and prioritization in back office meetings.
- Continuously strive to reduce incoming contacts, increase agent productivity and decrease agent handle time through internal process improvements, tech optimizations and 3rd party tools to drive efficiency.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects to support company-wide goals and initiatives as needed.
- Be a culture carrier in the organization as the main advocate of the support team in all things.
- Bachelor's Degree in any field
- 5+ years of experience in e-commerce, customer service, retail, hospitality or a related industry. This isn’t your typical call center gig! We welcome unconventional candidates with diverse backgrounds.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and effectively (both written and verbal)
- Analytically minded with the ability to leverage data to drive decisions and recommendations. Strong Excel skills required, knowledge of SQL preferred
- Ability to train, motivate and manage a team.
- Ability to remain cool, calm, collected and organized, even in times of high volume.
- Naturally intellectually curious with an overall eagerness to learn and try new things in a fast-paced startup environment
- You have a proven ability to set, communicate, meet, and measure short- and long-term goals. You have the ability to drive action and make tough decisions.
- Experience managing remote teams and outsource partners a plus.
- 2+ years utilizing Zendesk or other CX focused tools for customer communication and ticket management.
- Ability to fulfill and organize multiple projects simultaneously, while being an ambitious problem solver -- you’re never afraid to get your hands dirty!