Job ID: 117449
The Manager of Customer Strategy is the voice of the customer within Home Depot, identifying, analyzing and delivering compelling customer insights that drive clear business actions and outcomes. Acts as internal consultant to the company, evaluating customer needs and market trends and making recommendations for action in alignment with the Company’s overall strategy. Acts as thought partner with all areas of the Company, including executive leadership, operations, merchandising, marketing and e-commerce. Builds advocacy for sustained organizational investment in customer understanding. Challenges the organization to be relentlessly focused on the needs of the customer and shopper.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities:
- 50% Category Support – Serve as a strategic advisor to Home Depot’s merchants, use custom research and other data to inform decisions and drive growth within Home Depot’s product categories in-store and online
- 30% Large Scale Strategic Initiatives – Drive company success by executing broad-range non-category projects supporting high-profile strategic initiatives. Address major company issues through a combination of custom and existing research, financial analysis and strategic thinking to provide strategic recommendations, define company strategy and inform decisions for topics including new experience development, category entry/expansion, pricing strategy, M&A and more
- 20% Special Projects – Support non-merchandising groups throughout the company by addressing ad-hoc issues including, but not limited to copy testing, pricing analysis, etc
Nature & Scope
- Position reports to Director CI
- No direct reports
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity tomove about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Advanced degree highly desirable; MBA preferred
- Previous experience in strategy consulting, top-tier consulting firm preferred
- Experience in the application of research findings and customer analytics to the retail environment
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Intellectually curious, conceptual thinker, able to set ideas into broad social context and problem solve creatively
- Able to assimilate and understand extensive amounts of detailed data and supporting analyses in a way that informs the bigger picture
- Excellent communicator, with strong presentation and story-telling skills
- Able to independently engage and interface with people at all levels of the organization, including senior-level stakeholders
- Able to summarize complex ideas and expansive information into clear “so whats” that drive business recommendations and decisions
- Able to sequence and prioritize work independently to deliver high-quality, impactful output on tight timelines across multiple projects
- Experience uncovering customer insights and using the insights to inform strategy that leads tosales growth in the form of new product or service launches, existing product improvements, improved marketing efficiency, better customer engagement, etc…
- Able to structure and produce highly polished, visually arresting PowerPoint presentations and other key client deliverables and pieces of intellectual capital