Google Technical Services: Professional Services (gPS) is a team of solution-oriented trusted advisors supporting millions of users worldwide. Our consultative services take our deep technical and product expertise and combine it with our powerful understanding of our customer’s needs and goals to solve their biggest business challenges allowing them to grow and get the most out of Google solutions.
The Customer Solutions Engineering team are a group of engineers & trusted technical advisors to Google’s customers, delivering high-touch technical consultation and hands-on engineering solutions interfacing directly with the client. We work cross-product and cross-team, aligned to the business, lending a technical-expertise to real business problems, living by the mission: "make it easy to run ads with Google." We offer both high-touch technical services & solutions to large customers, and scaled services to customers of all sizes.
Google Technical Services is a global support and operations team, with a mission to delight our customers with care so good, it’s got to be Google. Our team is the face of Google to most of our customers, and we want their Google support experience to set new standards, just like Google’s products do. Our team cares for customers by solving problems and scaling solutions, incubating new Google products, and sharing user feedback with internal teams to influence product development. We support a wide variety of products, from Ads to Project Fi and just about everything in between, and our customers include advertisers, consumers, partners, publishers, retailers, and our own Sales Googlers.
- Manage Customer Solutions Engineers partnering with Performance, Brand, and Platform Consultants who will work alongside sales, in direct relationship with major advertisers.
- Build and manage the relationship between Professional Services and Sales Leadership, co-owning a book of business, and identifying opportunities to drive business growth with technical services and solutions.
- Develop plans, design and refine services to support client needs, getting buy-in from senior sales stakeholders, using quantitative analysis, industry research and advertiser feedback.
- Take a leadership role in all customer relationship management impacting escalation situations, ensuring that critical advertiser needs are met in a time-sensitive fashion.
- Understand and advocate comprehensively for initiatives across Google Technical Services Ads to sales leadership from Specialist teams, Global Support, and Product Operations.
- 12years of experience as a manager or individual contributor running technical engagements with clients (e.g. consulting, project management, sales, implementation, technical sales).
- 5 years of experience as a people manager.
- MBA or MSdegree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- 8years of experience as a manager or individual contributor running technical engagements with clients (e.g. consulting, project management, sales, implementation, technical sales).
- Knowledge of the ad serving industry and Internet technologies.
- Ability to translate complex technical concepts to non-technical and executive audiences.
- Experience managing geographically distributed teams with diverse backgrounds (e.g. technology, operations, customer facing) to execute on a shared vision.