Businesses UTC Aerospace Systems Job ID 60755BR Date posted 02/08/2018 City Opa Locka State Florida Country US Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment on board. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 26 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Today, the fully integrated landing systems we design, test and manufacture help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely. But we aren’t satisfied with today’s success. Our global Landing Systems team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
We are currently seeking a Landing Systems - Customer Service Manager to be responsible for ensuring that customers receive the best sales service possible. This position will oversee and direct customer service operations to ensure that customer orders and communications are handled accurately, professionally and on a timely basis. This position also establishes policies and procedures, in accordance with the company guidelines, SIOP operating procedures, contractual requirements and all applicable ITC laws to provide the necessary customer service and promote excellent customer relations.
All Employees Shall:
- Comply with the EH&S/HSE Policy and applicable regulatory and company EH&S/HSE rules and requirements
- Report to supervision conditions or practices that are either unsafe or that may adversely impact the environment, to ensure prompt resolution of potential hazards
- Attend scheduled EH&S/HSE training program
- Actively support the organization’s efforts to meet or exceed EH&S/HSE goals and plans
- Recommend improved EH&S/HSE practices
- Lead and deliver on matters relating to industrial hygiene, safety and environmental matters and ensure safety programs comply with government regulations, standards and policies, as well as company objectives
- Administer existing EH&S/HSE programs and develop new EH&S/HSE procedures
- Audit new procedures and evaluate their implementation by staff and administer reporting procedures
- Identify EH&S/HSE training requirements; ensure information/induction sessions are carried out
- Conduct risk assessment, management in the identification of hazards in the workplace and recommend and drive corrective or preventive measures, including control systems to detect deviation from agreed EH&S/HSE policies
- Assist with EH&S/HSE aspects of plant/process design, modification, including plant lay-out, equipment and tool specifications, waste disposal and industrial hygiene, protective clothing and the storage of dangerous chemicals and other substances
- Injury Management Coordination with regards to injury and rehabilitation controls
- Lead and participate in continuous improvement activities relating to EH&S/HSE
- Additional duties as required
Qualification: Basic Qualifications
- Strong understanding of complex business systems
- Strong analytical skills
- Well-developed problem solving, written and oral skills.
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of customer and internal management
- Ability to communicate with demanding customers.
- Strong knowledge of business processes such as logistics, finance, accounting, order management.
- Experience utilizing SAP.
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools (Business Warehouse, Business Objects).
- Experience managing E-commerce solutions (Spec2000, Electronic Exchanges, Business to Business, and Business to Consumer).
- Thorough understanding of materials requirement planning and manufacturing processes.
- Strong business acumen to support strategic initiatives.
- BA/BS degree w/6–10+ years experience
- MA/MSdegree w/4–7+ years experience
Education: Essential / Key Responsibilities:
- Manage and train the customer service team including both on-site resources as well as offsite team.
- Develop direct reports through effective performance plan assessments and viable development plans. Facilitate and integrate employee competencies for succession planning.
- Manage an accurate and timely sales order entry process in compliance with all contractual requirements and monitor through the development of metrics and the close communication with the Global Demand Planning team to ensure customer requirements are achieved.
- Manages all aspects of customer orders including reporting, expedites, reschedules, bottleneck processing, credit releases, pull-in and, all other customer service activities to support business initiatives following established SIOP processes.
- Execute customer contract requirements as they relate to pricing, delivery and other terms.
- Manage and mediate relationships with Program Management, Planning & Control, Operations Procurement, Quality, and Engineering to achieve business objectives.
- Drives enhancements in department efficiency including improving customer OTD with communication with customer.
- Manages the business units AOG system as well as being accountable for making decisions 24/7 in the event of an AOG call including the timely 4 hour response requirement.
- Supports successful new programs and service execution in the market including retrofit or field repairs
- Achieves operational excellence through the deployment of ACE and consistently demonstrates a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Supports and implements all ITC initiatives; promotes strong ethical culture and sustains best-in-class Ethics and Compliance.
- Provides all OTD reporting for the aftermarket organization as well as any additional customer service reporting requirements.
- Responsible for leading any customer service specific testing requirements for go live or upgrade requirements.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.