The primary responsibilities of this role, Manager, Customer Marketing, are to:
- Develop and execute insights-driven,retailer orchannelspecific shopper marketing programs that align to Bayer’s brand strategies to include, but not limited to:
- Bayer retailer or channel specific self-care programs and platforms;
- Retailer-specific themed marketing events as part of their annual planning calendar;
- Platforms supporting new item launches;
- Retailer-specific promotions, such as, new store grand openings or seasonal events;
- Other business building in-store or out-of-store programs that will help to deliver against retailer’s expectations as well as the Bayer sales team’s overall business plan.
- Works collectively with Sales Strategy brand and category teams, Self Care solutions team, Visual merchandising team, Ecommerce/digital team, Shopper/Consumer Insights and appropriate brand marketing associates to build and deliver high quality, shopper marketing solutions to the market;
- Help to create holistic solutions that intersect Bayer’s and the retailer’s strategies which could incorporate visual merchandising, displays, fixtures, on-line or point of sale components as part of the customer marketing plan;
- Ensure all programs are designed with a test and learn mindset in order to identify the most effective programs and tactics to grow sales and increase market share;
- Secure program approvals from internal and external stakeholders;
- Cultivate business-building relationships with the retailer marketing and insights key contacts;
- Negotiate with retailers regarding art style guides to support Bayer brand equities; executes consistently against requested Bayer brand messaging, equity statements and taglines;
- Deliver flawless execution of retailer-specific programs, working closely with the customer selling team and the internal Sales Strategy, Marketing and Sales Ops team to meet customer requirements;
- Monitor, track, evaluate and communicate the effectiveness of Bayer shopper marketing activities as well as provides updates and manages against key competitors;
- Support and assist the customer selling team to meet annual sales and profit objectives;
- Develop and attend appropriate customer business planning meetings in support of key Bayer initiatives.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- BS/BA degree
- Minimum of 8years of progressive sales experience in the consumer package goods industry, or MBA with a minimum of 6 years' progressive sales experience in the consumer packaged goods industry . This should include a minimum of 3 years of experience building strategic business plans that utilize specific resources (i.e., people, time and money) in the accomplishment of consumer sales volume and profit goals;
- Sound financial management skills in order to assess trademerchandising programs and streamline operational processes; must be able to manage and spend within financialbudgets and track results against monetary investment;
- Developing knowledge of retailer landscape and understanding the impact of their decisions to the total division’s business and otherretailers; experience in the application of marketing research information (IRI, Nielsen and Custom) as related to building a shopper marketing customer business plan and supporting strategies;
- Strong communication skills, able to deliver clear and concise presentations. Strong listening skills to ensure customer needs are accurately captured;
- Able to create win/win situations across a network of stakeholders through solid negotiation skills; strong problem solving skills;
- Results driven, but able to work well within a team environment. Self-starter and motivated to deliver against requireddeadlines; highly organized with strong attention to detail; customer-focused and must be able to manage and prioritize multiple projects effectively;
- Advanced computer literacy skills required, specifically MS Excel and PowerPoint;
- Must have a Valid Driver’s license. Ability to travel as necessary is required.
- Direct selling and/or sales strategy experience.