The Manager, Customer Fulfillment owns the development, planning and execution of Maple Leaf Foods (MLF) supply chain processes to fulfill customer requirements in our U.S prepared meats network. This leader will represent all MLF supply chain functions within the U.S Customer Business Team. Specifically, this role will manage week to week execution for customers by working with the cross functional teams from demand planning, supply planning and order execution. This role will also manage risk with product launch execution by providing oversight and guidance to Sales and Marketing functions by representing and coordinating all supply chain functions in innovation execution. The mandate of the individual will be to ensure both service and on time delivery targets are met, at standard costs, and to provide support to our US Sales team to deliver rapid U.S growth. Finally, this individual will be responsible for score-carding and providing root cause and corrective action in regards any fulfillment challenges faced.
- Accountable for the stewardship of all U.S Supply Chain execution, in coordination with the functional supply chain department leads across MLF.
- Work with various functional leaders (Innovation, Marketing, Operations, all Supply Chain departments) to drive the 3PL and Logistics network design ensuring that there is a cost-effective model fulfilling order delivery that meets or exceeds U.S customer expectations.
- Daily monitoring and engagement in issue resolution to fulfill U.S orders and deliveries.
- Weekly monitoring, review and assessment of U.S forecasts, supply levels, supply positioning and production planning to meet future U.S orders, including appropriate SMF and SLT weekly executive updates.
- Lead Weekly U.S Supply Chain Scrum with relevant stakeholders to measure performance on agreed to KPI’s, address supply or delivery issues.
- Weekly review of U.S inventory levels (aging and constrained) in order to eliminate OCD by working closely with sales and customers to move all stock prior to distressed sales.
- Weekly monitoring and identification of systemic issues impacting forecast, orders, and deliveries across all specified customers, including root cause analysis and process correction.
- Work with the Director, Supply Chain Fulfillment to provide input and supply chain stewardship to ensure successful launch of new items and customers in the U.S. marketplace.
- Responsible for the Order Management results and primary elevation point Sales team as the representative of Customer Supply Chain.
- Works in tandem with the U.S Demand Planning team to review order vs forecast variance including closely monitoring draws against new launches.
- Closely monitors open and in-transit orders daily to ensure flawless execution.
- Works with transportation team to measure and discuss actions ensure that transportation carriers exceed target expectations.
- Ensure deployment planners and supply planners are knowledgeable of U.S business and helps with setting appropriate inventory targets and replenishment frequency.
- Identify and mitigate possible supply constraints directly with supply planners.
- Ensure effective and timely communication of supply concerns or opportunities with all stakeholders.
- Collaborates with Sales, Supply Planning & Specialty Sales to proactively mitigate Distressed Sales.
- Be informed of customs compliances processes and engage when required. Work closely with Customs Compliance when issues arise.
- Support the introduction of innovation by reviewing product logistics specifications and ensuring product design meets logistics requirements for storage and delivery to customer expectations.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a Supply Chain leadership role.
- 5-7 years of demand forecasting, inventory planning and order management experience.
- Post-Secondary Education in a related field, preferably in business.
- Demonstrated MLF Values aligned behavior including; a strong Drive for results, Courage to take bold steps, track record of successful Collaboration, etc.
- Previous experience negotiating and collaborating with the manager and director level at the customer.
- Exceptional ability to provide decisive leadership while influencing others.
- Thorough knowledge of Supply Chain management principles.
- Strong knowledge of U.S Logistics / 3PL providers.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Superior organization skills with the ability to manage multiple competing projects.
- Excellent communication skills (listening, oral and written).
- Must be externally focused and have a strong bias for action.
- Highly motivated to succeed, meeting both MLF and customer expectations.
- Advanced Computer Skills in Microsoft Office, Excel, SAP.
Reference No.: 10965751