Careers that Change Lives
A Day in the Life
Current end-to-end coordination of the customer experience or “order-to-cash” process is highly matrixed through an array of departments and stakeholders. While each performs its respective function, the overall transactional experience is challenged and lacks a coordinated systems-managed approach to drive business process efficiencies and overall effectiveness.
In many cases, this requires sales and contracts leaders to engage in highly administrative tasks, pulling them away from core sales/contract management responsibilities, with different departments and stakeholders to triage orders or pricing, for drive general coordination, visibility, urgency, accuracy of pricing, orders, shipments, and all requirements within the customer experience or order-to-cash process.
Goals and Objectives for the Strategic Accounts Customer Experience Manager
The main objective of the Customer Experience / Strategic Accounts position is to drive end-to-end coordination of the customer experience for strategic accounts (i.e. CAPTIS (and its members). This includes but is not limited to coordination and facilitation of strategic account forecasts, pricing administration, orders placed into the system, order fulfillment and invoicing, distribution and receipt, driving optimal coordination between various stakeholders including sales, customer service, pricing administration, logistics, distribution (internal and external), as to drive the optimal customer experience for strategic accounts and corresponding business opportunity for Medtronic.
The Manager will work in conjunction with Strategic Accounts, Sales Management, Marketing, Commercial Operations, Finance, Offer Development and Pricing, Customer Service, Logistics, Distribution, Sales Administration and Customer Rebates and other stakeholders who influence the customer experience spectrum, to develop and launch tools, dashboards, systems and business processes to monitor and drive enhancements to the customer experience; and, informs the US Commercial and Strategic Accounts Leadership on progress with overall progress, contract performance and established metrics and objectives.
Performance Metrics for the Strategic Accounts Customer Experience Manager
Success for the role will be measured and determined based on the following…
· Internal benchmarks related to the overall customer experience to be established based on internal stakeholder feedback; the Strategic Accounts Customer Experience Manager will be responsible for quarter-over-quarter improvement to internal benchmark scores.
· An external NPS-lite (Net Promoter Score-lite) process will be established to rate the overall customer experience based on Strategic Accounts stakeholder feedback; the Strategic Accounts Customer Experience Manager will be responsible for development of the NPS-lite process and year-over-year improvement to NPS benchmark scores.
· Established FY20 CAPTIS Contract / P&L Goals and Objectives as determined by CAPTIS and Medtronic MITG Management and new Contracts in subsequent years
Key Competencies for the Role:
· Shapes and Innovates. Simplifies and optimizes the customer experience process, breaks down complex business processes and implements solutions to drive efficiencies and effectiveness of the overall order-to-cash process;
· Builds Alliances. Breaks down silos & collaborates across organizational boundaries. Seeks & values different perspectives & ideas to foster an inclusive work environment while driving efficiencies and effectiveness of the overall order-to-cash process for strategic accounts, (i.e. CAPTIS);
· Drives Results. Passionate & driven. Takes accountability for & consistently delivers decisions, actions & results related to the customer experience process. Sets expectations that are clear and measurable and then drives collaborative execution;
· Engages, Aligns, Motivates, Empowers Others. Aligns & motivates people to move in a coordinated fashion and makes work easier to get done for internal/external stakeholders;
· Intentionally and Effectively Communicates. Translates complexity into simplicity & articulates crisply & clearly;
· Customer Focus. Approaches efforts to optimizes the customer experience process with a consummate interest of the Customer and Medtronic’s Goals and Mission in mind;
· Informing. Comfortable with reporting results and informing senior management of progress, challenges and path forward for the role;
Judgment, Ethics & Integrity. Practices the highest ethical standards in every aspect of the job, promotes & adheres to our code of conduct, all applicable laws & company policies.
Requirements / Experiences
· Requires a Baccalaureate BA/BS degree;
· Strong working knowledge of SI products, procedures, pricing, customer service, served channels, markets, business processes, systems and overall contracting function;
· 5+ years of strategic sales, customer service, logistics, marketing and downstream commercial execution responsibilities;
· 5+ years of experience leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and deliverables.
· Customer engagement and interaction – role requires frequent interaction and direct engagement with senior level strategic account (i.e. CAPTIS) administrators / leaders;
· A proven track record of collaboration and results through matrixed cross-functional teams; proven track record of contract success and innovative solutions- oriented approach.
Travel / Additional Requirements
Role requires frequent travel to customer sites including CAPTIS HQ in Rochester, MN, and future customer sites TBD to work with internal / external Customer stakeholders.