Currently, Meijer is looking for a Customer Engagement & Loyalty Manager. This position leads the design, development and execution of programs to activate the customer engagement strategy.
This role is works to enable all parts of the organization to enhance the customerexperience and build deeper relationships with our customers. The role is instrumental in developing the strategies, tactics,processes and capabilities tosupport the advancement of the Meijer mPerks loyalty program, personalization and customer engagement initiatives. This includes creating targeted marketing communication plans/campaigns for acquisition,retention, house-hold sales growth, and growing profitable sales through our loyalty, rewards and targetedcampaign programs.
Additionally, this leader isresponsible forworking closely with key partners in Operations, IT and Marketing to develop differentiated personalizedexperiences to make shopping easier, more engaging, that results in deeper customer loyalty and meaningful interactions with our Team Members.
- Effectively leads the Customer Engagement & Loyalty team in support of the Meijer team competency model
- Leads the Meijer mPerks program and advancements to create a best in class loyalty program that deepens customer engagement.
- Responsible for managing and delivering the financial targets for mPerks personalized rewards
- Develops and executes the strategies, tactics and programs to drive incremental transactions, profitable sales and long-term customer relationships.
- Works with the Director to develop Customer Engagement & Loyalty plan, including metrics in support of our business and marketing objectives.
- Establishes performance standards that result in industry-leading Personalization and Loyalty programs.
- Works with the analytics team to identify customer segment development and growth areas for growing trips and sales.
- Works directly with merchandising and operations leadership to achieve business plans and strategic intents.
- Engages with Meijer CPG partners and vendors to develop key sales & loyalty programs to drive business
- Achieves a comprehensive understanding of the business and Meijer customers in order to develop a compelling strategy and concept to build strong relationships with customers and convert them into lifelong, loyal Meijer customers.
- Builds, grows and optimizes the customer database, drives customer participation in various Meijer programs.
- Develops and deploys a customer contact/channel preference strategy.
- Establishes procedures for personal customer information/privacy management.
- Accurately budgets and forecasts offer redemptions and direct marketing expense.
- Works with the Customer Strategy team on system enhancements (POS, customer programs, web site).
- Establishes procedures for personal customer information/privacy management and governmental regulation adherence.
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degreepreferred
- 5+ years of experience in retail, CPG.
- 5+ years of experience in Traditional Marketing, Digital, Consumer Technology branding, business, consumer insights preferred.
- Experienced in working at all levels of the organization.
- Proven knowledge & experience building marketing strategies, loyalty programs, personalization and targeting methods.
- Proficient in math, analytic methods
- Advanced insight of critical success factors & KPI’s for customer data usage.
- Fast learner and high performer with a proactive nature and thrives in a fast paced environment.
- Able to multi-task and manage complex programs, conflicting priorities
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Identifies and implements areas for improved efficiencies and best practices, coach and develop other specialists on the team when necessary.
- Able to operate independently without bypassing partner collaboration
- Proven leadership capabilities, ability to act in the absence of the Vice President.
- Proven ability to present, interact and collaborate with all levels of leadership.
- Proven ability to lead high visibility projects.
- Collaborate closely with other key business teams (IT, Operations, Merchandising, Marketing)
- Exceptional organizational, planning, and time management skills with an ability to prioritize multiple/competing projects & assignments.
- Experience developing communications and presenting effectively to all levels of leadership.
- Strategic thinker.
- Advanced Excel abilities, highly proficient in math.
- May require limited travel
- Strong work ethic complemented by a positive, can do attitude.
- Business orientation to drive traffic, profits & ROI.
- Strong written, editing, proofreading and oral communication skills; attention to detail with an ability to meet tight timelines while maintaining accuracy & a positive attitude.