Job ID: EN_US_1704688
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2017. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
The individual selected will serve as the Manager for the Customer Development and Sales Support Specialist Group across all the Care Chemicals industries for Canada, Mexico, and the U.S.
Manager Customer Development and Sales Support North America (1704688) – Florham Park, NJ
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Shape the sales support role, optimize and improve current practices and processes to drive better customer experience.
- Provide daily direction to the sales support team across NA (e.g., U.S., Mexico, Canada).
- Coach, train, and develop team members and effectively coordinate team’s activities to meet customer and business needs.
- Provide strategic direction to the sales support function; generate and analyze group performance.
- Collaborate with customer care, marketing, product management, quality, regulatory and other key functions to ensure alignment with EM business needs, strategy, and sustainable improvement of our customer experience.
- Determine best practices, review KPIs, and ensure customer satisfaction in collaboration with othersales teams.
- Represent the sales support group across all care chemicals in North America.
- Drive continuous improvement and enhancement in pricing management in collaboration with key functions.
- Develop concepts, methods, processes, and tools to increase internal pricing transparency and data consistency.
- Lead Customer Development activities by developing and implementing approaches to management a sales leads generated through different e-platforms, including development, piloting and implementing a big data approach to Indie brands, lead generation, and developing EM sales pipeline from digital customer interaction.
- Lead and/or participate in business relevant projects (e.g., leading the North America implementation of the new Personal Care strategy including coordination with other regions).
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believeinvesting in you isinvesting in our success.Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand yournetworkand build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Sales, Marketing, or a related field (Science and Technology); advanced degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 5years of prior experience in a Sales, Customer-facing, Product management role.
- Ability to interface with internal and external customers at all levels.
- Prior experience managing teams strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of the Home & Personal Care markets is a plus.
- Ability to identity business opportunities and develop/manage sales leads.
- Superior communication, interpersonal, influencing, and presentation skills, with the ability to interact with key decision-makers, both internally and externally.
- Able to demonstrate capability to and previous success in influencing others.
- Strong organizational skills and strategic thinking required.