Responsibility for operations of a customer contact center. Manages and advises customer contact center supervisors on a variety of complex issues. Reviews and recommends objectives and procedures. Sets standards and guidelines for interaction with customers. Administers policies as they affect the customer contact center banking operations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs operations of customer contact center facility.
- Sets standards, guidelines and policies within customer contact center.
- Monitors customer contact center activity to ensure that customer service and production standards are met and maintained. Works with other members of management team to address problems when they arise.
- Develops and monitors quotas for service volume and timeliness.
- Ensures activates run smoothly and efficiently.
- Creates and maintains a culture that is equally driven by sales and outstanding customer experience.
- Develops & implements standard operating procedures to provide an excellent customer experience along with streamlined work flow.
- Monitors individual and team results to identify and act on both positive and negative performance trends and adjust procedures as needed.
- Responsible for prioritizing work and delegating tasks to ensure proper coverage of functions.
- Manages staffing and budget considerations for the department.
- Encourages and develops sales skills in employees. Promotes cross selling and up selling of products and services.
- Monitors performance & trains employees with respect to an achieving excellent customer experience and company sales goals.
- Manages the day-to-day activities of the customer contact center area. Provide leadership, direction and growth opportunities to members of the department, performing those responsibilities in accordance with the Company's policies and applicable laws. Responsible for interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning or directing work, appraising performance, disciplining team members and resolving problems. Work with the Human Resources Department to resolve more complex team member-related issues.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Perform other related duties as required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree in Business or related field
Minimum Experience: Seven years of progressively responsible experience in a customer service or customer contact center environment OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Performance measurement/management skills.
- Ability to motivate and hold individuals accountable in a fast paced environment.
- Strong supervisory, strategic, leadership and motivational skills
- Ability to understand, direct and improve customer experience
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze and monitor process and initiate corrective action
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Experience in financial services or similar experience in another industry.