Bill.com is a leading digital business payments company with a network of over 3 million members, managing more than $60 billion annually. Making it simple to connect and do business, the Bill.com cloud-based Payment Management Platform automates, simplifies, and controls the payments process, saving more than 50 percent of the time typically spent. Bill.com partners with seven of the leading U.S financial institutions, more than 70 of the top 100 accounting firms, major accounting software providers including NetSuite, Intacct, QuickBooks and Xero, and is the preferred provider of digital payments solutions for CPA.com, the technology arm of the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA). Winner of more than 70 awards, Bill.com is recognized as one of San Francisco Business Times' and Silicon Valley Business Journal's "2018 Best Places to Work."
We are turning our CS organization into a competitive force, evolving beyond great operational execution towards customer experience, advocacy and a moving to become a key differentiator in our industry. We're looking for a Manager of Customer Success to improve the customer experience, help Customer Advocates grow and develop in their careers with Bill.com, and achieve target SLA's/customer satisfaction goals. Our Managers lead people, manage process evolution, and focus on driving continuous improvement throughout the Customer Success organization. This is an opportunity for a growth minded leader to get in on the ground floor of growing the Houston office for a rapidly expanding Fintech company, and have a lot of fun along with way.
Professional Experience/Background to be successful in this role:
- 5+ years of experience leading people in a contact center with track-record of high performance.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Operations Management, or a related field
- Must possess a customer centric approach towards issue resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Excellent understanding of inbound customer support processes including chat, e-mail and voice channels.
- Solid PC skills including thorough knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Experience with and understanding of CRM/CSM solutions, standard KPIs, and customer support metrics with a particular focus on CSAT, Net Promoter Score, Employee Engagement, and churn reduction.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in operational planning, including resource allocation, day-to-day execution, team building/employee relations.
- Proven coaching and mentoring, oral/written communication, problem solving, and conflict resolution skills.
- Exceptional self-starter skills and ability to manage issues and projects to completion.
- Partners with Recruiting and HR throughout the hiring/onboarding process; responsible for making hiring decisions.
- Maintains professional and technical expertise by tracking emerging trends in contact center operations management, keeping up to date with Fintech industry knowledge, establishing personal networks, and benchmarking state-of-the-art practices.
- Prior exposure to Software as a Service (SaaS) environments preferred.
- Prior exposure to SMB and Mid-Market Business to Business segment preferred.
Competencies (Attributes needed to be successful in this role):
- Active Listening - responsive and empathetic to customer/advocate needs
- Assertiveness - trust in their own judgement and are not overly dependent upon the approval of others.
- Values - inspires and fosters team commitment, spirit, pride, and trust
- Communicativeness - ensuring that their team has current and accurate information needed for success
- Conflict Management - use consensus and collaboration to debate and resolve issues
- Delegation - willing to entrust work to others
- High Standards - meticulous attention to detail and suggestions to improve processes steadily and effectively
- Influence - ability to direct, persuade, and motivate others
- Initiative - ability to see a need and take action without being prompted
- Learning Agility - Fosters a culture of interest, curiosity, and learning
- Positive Impact - Ability to energize their team and other people around them
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - able to identify problems, solve them, act decisively, and show good judgement
- Relationship Building - ability to establish and maintain relationships throughout the organization
- Sensitivity - Respect for the individual, and appreciation of diversity among team members