Job ID: 567141BRSee More
Date posted: Aug. 20, 2021
Locations: Goleta, California
Description:We are looking for an experienced to join our dynamic engineering team to contribute to the successful and production of infrared sensors. The position offers multidisciplinary engineering challenges, ability to work directly with a variety of customers, and leadership growth potential.
Must be self motivated and able to function as a Task Lead.
Participates in , solid modeling, drawing generation, testing and data , integration and control of test equipment, troubleshooting, failure , and support to production.
Experience in the and/or application of cryocoolers and cryogenic packaging is required.
Leads projects, including responsibility for coordinating efforts and meeting both technical and programmatic objectives.
Interfaces with engineers and technicians in , , and optical tasks required for program performance.
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline with 9 plus years of related experience.
- Experience designing components/systems, including generation of detail drawings.
- Experience in the and/or application of cryocoolers and cryogenic packaging.
- Understanding of, Heat Transfer, Material Science, and Mechanics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to lead both functional and project teams and build effective relationships
- Ability to obtain a secret security clearance and therefore must be a U. S. Citizen.
Masters degree from an accredited college in a related discipline.
- Leadership and management skills and desire to lead.
- Solid modeling and drafting, preferably using .
- Understanding of infrared and FPA manufacturing technologies.
- Experience with thermal and structural .
- Expertise with Cryocoolers and cryogenic systems.
- Familiar with high vacuum and ESD handling requirements.
- Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: Secret
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROL
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Mechanical Engineering
Valid through: 10/16/2021