The Customer Relationship Management (CRM) marketing team enables global omni-channel sales via digital, credit, in-store and direct mail marketing channels by driving targeting strategy, building & optimizing customer segmentation, and executing marketing communication and offers to Macy's consumers.
This role will be accountable for operational success and will oversee end-to-end execution of outbound ad-hoc and automated email, mobile (SMS & push), site and POS campaign targeting, supervise/mentor a team of 2-3 targeting coordinators/analysts, and partner with cross-functional teams to align resources, strategies and processes to meet all operational milestones and ensure quality control. S/he will take initiative, communicate proactively, be detail-oriented and organized, juggle shifting priorities, deal with ambiguity, and partner effectively with internal business/technology partners, vendors and leadership. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Own targeting production schedule for all owned campaigns/channels; ensure all operational SLAs are met, QA function is robust, cross-functional partners are held accountable, and testing/experimentation goals are supported.
- Supervise and train 2-3 targeting coordinators/analysts; support a knowledge sharing & reuse culture where training/QA artifacts are created/updated.
- Define & track key performance indicators for owned channels; leverage/publish these to support marketing strategy partners, provide relevant business insights & recommendations to senior leadership, and proactively identify/resolve data quality issues.
- Lead or support strategic initiatives & enhancements with internal/external business partners.
- Champion adoption & full utilization of CRM technology toolset; identify and escalate user group issues and request enhancements.
- Partner with cross-functional teams including Digital Communications Strategy, CRM Contact Strategy, CRM Omni Enhancements, Digital Creative Production, CRM Systems, Marketing Effectiveness/Analytics and Channel Service Vendors.
- Optimize business processes; refine/rationalize targeting methodologies and improve overall team productivity; operationalize change from tactical/other. projects; provide strategic consultation for innovation/change initiatives.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- BA/BS college degree required; concentration in Marketing is a plus.
- 3-5 years of experience in digital/omni-channel marketing or project management.
- 2+ years of supervisory experience/talent development.
- Past campaign targeting experience in CRM/marketing automation tools such as SAS Customer Intelligence, Epiphany, Oracle Responsys, Marketo, or similar.
- Self-starter with strong organization, prioritization & communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively & succinctly to leadership.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Proven analytical/problem-solving skills & understanding of data structures, hierarchy, applications; past SQL, Hive querying or similar is a plus.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Quality control and attention to detail are essential to success.
- Ability to identify, escalate & resolve issues; challenging the status quo when appropriate.
- Demonstrated understanding of email, mobile, site, POS marketing/targeting methodologies.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.