At Texas Capital Bank, we are driven by a single-minded and unwavering mission: to serve business and the individuals who run them. We use a consultative approach and innovative technologies to develop new ideas that give the bank and our clients a competitive advantage. We partner with our customers to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas Capital Bank has offices in Austin, Fort Worth, Houston, Richardson, Plano and San Antonio, and we serve clients in a variety of industries from coast-to-coast.
We are on the Forbes Best Banks in America list, and were named a top place to work by The Dallas Morning News, Houston Chronicle and San Antonio Express-News. For further information,
This individual is responsible for managing a team of underwriters who support the Bank’s middle market C&I lending team. As a Credit Underwriting Manager, your primary responsibilities are managing a team of underwriters, underwriting transactions, managing pipelines and providing leadership within the underwriting team.
- Supervise underwriter team members and provide coaching and leadership as required
- Provide underwriting support as needed on complex middle market C&I transactions
- Ensure accurate, independent, objective, and concise credit write-ups are prepared based upon in-depth analysis of financial data within established time frames
- Demonstrate superior technical skillset relating to commercial lending
- Create and conduct good credit culture and align with the Bank's credit policy and risk appetite
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills both internally and externally and use those communication skills to effectively solve problems
- Participate in special credit related projects as needed
- Degree focused in Finance, Accounting or Economics and completion of a major corporate or commercial bank credit training program (or the equivalent corporate banking/corporate finance experience) and typically a minimum of 5 years of experience in corporate banking which might include credit, structuring and marketing experience
- Significant accounting and finance knowledge and commercial banking experience
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written skills, interpersonal skills, and analytical and problem solving skills
- Possess strong analytical skills and think strategically
- Proven attention to detail
- Ability to clearly communicate to all levels of management as well as to clients
- Embrace teamwork and work effectively with others