The Financial Operations group at Stamps.com is responsible for making sure money is properly collected from and credited to the hundreds of thousands of customers of Stamps.com and its subsidiaries. The collaborative team includes billing and invoice generation, payment processing, credit extension and fraud prevention.
The Manager, Credit plays a vital role for Stamps.com through quantitative analysis of the company’s credit processes, managing the debt portfolio, and driving automation and simplification of technically complex billing processes. The position is responsible for the entire credit granting process, including the consistent application of the company’s credit policy, periodic credit reviews of existing customers, and the assessment of the creditworthiness of potential customers, all with the goal of optimizing the mix of company sales and bad debt losses.
Competitive pay, 401k with company match, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Educational Reimbursement, Commuter benefits, Discount programs, Inventor patent bonuses
Stamps Company Overview:
Stamps.com (NASDAQ: STMP) is the leading provider of postage online and shipping software solutions to over 725 thousand customers, including consumers, small businesses, e-commerce shippers, enterprises, and high volume shippers. Stamps.com offers solutions that help businesses run their shipping operations more smoothly and function more successfully under the brand names Stamps.com, Endicia®, ShipStation®, ShippingEasy® and ShipWorks®. Stamps.com’s family of brands provides seamless access to mailing and shipping services through integrations with more than 475 unique partner applications.
- Expand our debt portfolio while mitigating risk.
- Financial Analysis.
- Process Automation/Efficiency.
Essential Position Duties:
- Manage billing and collections team
- Supervisory responsibilities including goal setting, coaching, and performance management
- Negotiate documentation and payment terms with customers
- Resolve escalations of largest customer issues
- Outsource collection of delinquent debts according to business case
- Analyze a wide range of risks
- Create risk management policies for new products being released through regular interactions with subject matter experts throughout the company
- Develop, and implement quantitative models related to credit risk
- Design ways to integrate models into day to day risk management and business decisions
- Improve management of credit limits, and better management of low-volume accounts
- Periodic credit reviews of existing customers along with adjustments for seasonality
- Process Automation/Efficiency
- Develop and improve metrics for departmental performance
- Develop policies and processes in concert with other departments such as sales, marketing, and customer support.
- Simplify technically complex billing processes
- Provide robust A/Rreporting and analytics to support strategic and day-to-day operations
- Develop and enforce policies around suspension of delinquent accounts
- Financial Analysis
- Review financial statements
- Review and approve credit applications (credit reports, financial statements)
Additional Job Duties:
- Sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Utilize wrist and hands for a prolonged period of time.
- Walk short distances.
- Stand for short periods.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field required, MBA a preferred.
- Minimum four (4) years’ experience in credit granting and collection processes as well as credit analysis.
- Minimum three (3) years of supervisory experience.
- E-commerce and or Logistics experience a plus.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong quantitative and strategic problem solving skills.
- Proficient in reading / interpreting financial statements for the purpose of underwriting credit
- Systems savvy and ability to work with different applications and databases
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Ability to manage relationships both internally and externally
- Strong customer service skills.
- Direct experience with report-building in financial software such as NetSuite or SAP
- Microsoft Word, Advanced Excel (expert pivot tables at minimum)
- A willingness to learn basic SQL queries