If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to grow and develop your career, then we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Responsible for documenting and updating the credit policy for the organization. Obtain and maintain credit policy updates from all investors including but not limited to FHLMC, FNMA, FHA, VA, USDA, jumbo and other investors. Provide updates to the organization including formal announcements both internal and external. Coordinate the implementation of policy and policy changes across the organization. Provide guidance and recommendations for analyzing changes to policy.
- Publish guideline updates and changes, both internal and external publications. Responsible for the quality and accuracy of the Home Point credit policy and guidelines.
- Provide insight and guidance when changes to credit policy are needed.
- Ensure that effective credit policies are in place. Sustain the quality of the loan portfolio as well as support effective growth of the portfolio.
- Monitor credit performance for high risk areas as well as recent changes to ensure credit risk is in line with company strategy
- Understand Home Point’s business growth strategies and industry risks, provide credit recommendations to Senior Leadership to support these strategies.
- Create and establish credit policy, adjusting as needed to ensure compliance with investor guidelines. Provide guidance for establishing new credit policy for new product development.
- Coordinate credit policy across the organization ensuring that other groups understand the policy as well as any changes to the policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Desire to take personal responsibility to complete tasks and solve problems
- Ability to perform tasks and complete projects with minimal supervision
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability to apply critical thinking and analytical skills
- Expansive knowledge of credit risk, credit policy, agency /investor guidelines and mitigation methodologies.
- Superior knowledge of investor credit requirements and credit policy
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships through strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on relationship building
- Thorough understanding of the mortgage process and products
- Ability to multi- task and handle multiple projects
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 5 years of experience in credit underwriting with thorough understanding of policy and credit risk.