Several key markets for HSBC, including key markets in Asia, US, Canada and LAM, have aggressive growth plans that also include expansion into new customer segments and channels. To ensure successful positioning for RBWM across all markets, a strong retail Risk function with adequate skills in advanced analytics and a deep understanding of continued improvement of processes using data for fact based decisioning is required.
The key objective of this role is continued development and improvement of critical impairment allowance and Stress testing processes across the Group including but not limited to:
- Regulatory Stress test models and process
- Impairment allowance process
- Retail riskportfolio analytics and insights
- Model governance and controls
Other activities include support for credit policy for functional areas related to risk. This may include but is not limited to: product and pricing development, implementing policies, monitoring portfolio performance, building or implementing scoring models, enhancements of credit support systems, providing loss and capital forecasts.
Impact on the Business
- Imapirment allowance and Stress testing forms critical oart of Banks Creits Risk function. These processes have direct impact of banks financials and capital assessment.
- This role supports the model development and implementation process for Impairments allowance and Stress test models for all Retail portfolios across Group
- The portfolios scope includes Secured and Unsecured, Retail and Business Banking portfolios
- The scope covers all Regions and entities under HSBC footprint
- Works with senior management in analyzing and communicating the results of these models.
- Manage staff and/or external consultants in the design, development and/or implementation of models
- Manage credit risk management assignments and projects undertaken by independent external consulting organizations. Ensure effective, efficient and compliant results.
- Develop diagnostic method to quantify changes in reserve due to both external and internal changes to credit risk environment.
- Provision or capital requirements for the RBWM under various economic outlooks (scenarios).
- Integration of enterprise wide stress testing or regulatory requirements into the IFRS9 financial model framework.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Collaborate with counterparts in other locations and Regions.
- Provide technical/analytical support to regional analytics teams throughout the model development phase of the project
- Develop standard model templates and documentation standards
- Review requests for dispensation to deviate from the agreed global methodology
- Conduct model reviews to ensure models are developed consistently with agreed global methodology
- Partner with other teams as Accounting, Modeling, Stress testing etc. on key modeling decisionsFrequent interactions with HSBC Group and Regional senior Risk and Finance stakeholders
Leadership & Teamwork
- May supervise, train and review the work of Credit Risk Analysts within projects managed.
- Develop economic and portfolio forecasts including thorough analysis of portfolio performance and loss analysis/segmentation.
- Lead and develop an effective team through communication, performance management, development plans and reward/recognition practices.
- Promote an environment that supportsdiversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Participate in the development and implementation of strategic and operating plans to enhance business growth.
- Confer with in-house systems specialists and financial analysts to improve computer systems as they relate to credit processes and related databases.
- Implement appropriate controls to ensure that the team is in compliance with EUC policy.
- To implement the Group compliance policy locally by containing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Global Business Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources and training, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at the same time within stringent deadlines and with minimum supervision.
- The position needs to follow company policies and any deviation from policy must be escalated to their manager for notification and approval
- Requires advanced knowledge of business practices, business methods and business systems utilized to ensure data is interpreted properly.
- Partnership across multiple geography and level of organization
- This position may act as a first level manager or as the most senior level individual contributor/ subject matter expert.
- This position may also work with other support teams such as Vendor Management and/or Technology Services.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.,
- Physical Demands/Work Environment: Very good working conditions. Little or no physical demands. Minimal handling of light materials. The physical demands/work environment described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- The jobholder must ensure all risks are appropriately assessed within all risk decision processes and assess the customer impact in all RBWM risk activities. They are responsible for managing HSBC's reputational and conduct risks within RBWM risk.
- This role is responsible for overseeing and ensuring there are robust local standards in accordance with Group Standards Manual, Global Standards and ensuring the RBWM risk policy and FIM are implemented in an effective manner. Any FIM dispensations must be recommended by the jobholder to Group Risk for approval.
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organization.
- The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology. This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring. Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
- Adheres to HNAH's Statement of Business Principles and Code of Ethics
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.