U.S. Silica Holdings, Inc., a member of the Russell 2000, is a leading producer of commercial silica used in the oil and gas industry, and in a wide range of industrial applications. Over its 117-year history, U.S. Silica has developed core competencies in mining, processing, logistics and materials science that enable it to produce and cost-effectively deliver over 260 products to customers across our end markets. The Company currently operates nine industrial sand production plants and eleven oil and gas sand production plants. The Company is headquartered in Frederick, Maryland and also has offices located in Chicago, Illinois and Houston, Texas.
The Credit and Collections Manager position is accountable for the entire ISP credit granting process, including the consistent application of a credit policy, periodic credit reviews of existing customers, and the assessment of the creditworthiness of potential customers, with the goal of optimizing the mix of company sales and bad debt losses.
This position will work closely with Finance, the ISP Business, and other internal functions to develop and implement credit & collection strategies, create effective internal communication tools and proactively engage with large strategic customers to improve payment behavior and drive growth.
This position will report to the ISP Chief Financial Officer.
- Develop processes and procedures for evaluating customer financials and setting and changing credit lines/limits, as well as credit holds
- Improve current credit processes and forms; standardize and streamline where possible. Implement best practices in coordination with the Oil & Gas Credit Manager.
- Interact with customers to obtain additional credit information to support credit lines
- Check for credit viability on requests for extended terms, propose appropriate course of action to business leaders
- Maintain target DSO levels as set in conjunction with senior leadership and provide progress updates
- Work with customer service to initiate credits and adjustments to customer accounts within company policy limits
- Analyze delinquent accounts; prepare analyses on highest risk accounts and recommendations for resolution, including payment programs with select customers
- Monitor violations of credit policies, provide analysis, conclusion and recommendations, present findings to senior management and suggest actions to be taken when appropriate
- Identify accounts requiring collection agency or legal action and coordinate with the legal department
- Generate legal documents as needed. Maintain bad debt and bad debt recovery records
- Manage two (2) or more credit/collection analysts. The Credit Manager is responsible for the development of the team, creating a positive environment that drives performance and professional growth
Bachelors' Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field of study.
- Five (5) plus years in a senior or supervisory credit role. Microsoft Office products and ERP system experience. Knowledge of credit research and collection tools, such as Dun & Bradstreet, Credit Risk Monitor and GetPaid.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of financial statements including balance sheet, P&L, and statement of cash flows; overall understanding and application of generally accepted accounting principles and internal controls
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field and five plus years related experience. Strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills. Must have excellent negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Independent self-starter who can create own work plan and priorities without direct supervision; proactively accomplish tasks and communicate
- Works well in a team environment; operates cohesively as a member of the FP&A team, including other personnel as needed
- Ability to manage critical deadlines and adapt and prioritize in a dynamic work environment
- Demonstrates the highest ethical standards