The Manager, Credit & Collections ("Manager") is responsible for facilitating collection of the Firm's accounts receivable ("A/R") and collection of unbilled revenues. The Manager will supervise the activities of the Credit & Collections team to ensure proper and consistent compliance with company-approved policies and procedures. The Manager will closely interact with service delivery principals, be an extension of the engagement teams, and effectively represent Ryan with our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities, as they align to Ryan's Key Results
- Create a positive team experience
- Supervise and manage a team of Direct reports.
- Provide effective and timely hands-on support to the service delivery teams and A/R department, as well as comprehensive, proactive and timely updates to management.
- Develop the Collections organization through on-going coaching, goal-setting, performance management and training.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships across the organization and with clients.
- Prepare credit management analysis and reports addressing the needs of each respective audience.
- Ensure the collections team provides appropriate and responsive service to clients and service delivery principals through understanding the client base, collection goals and day-to-day performance management of the A/R team.
- Manage DSO, collections and dispute management programs aligned with Ryan's growth objectives.
- Actively manage the aging to exceed established DSO and DPD targets and secure the asset.
- Ensure timely and clear communications of credit policies and procedures to the service delivery teams.
- Engage appropriate service delivery or finance team members to assist in constructively remediating escalations.
- Negotiate the resolution of collection matters with customers, engaging service delivery, third-party collection agencies and legal counsel, as necessary.
- Establish appropriate metrics to measure and monitor team performance.
- Establish or recommend ongoing improvements to drive exceptional results.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent with at least 3 - 5 years of Accounting and Management experience. Other experience includes:
- A Credit professional with a strong collection/dispute management operations background. Credit risk governance is important, but secondary to a strong operational mindset.
- Ability to see the credit operation as a financially oriented customer service function that balances cost control with support for the business.
- A strong "client service" mindset and the ability to use collaborative and non-adversarial approaches in achieving diverse goals.
- Ability to work and navigate a high touch client service organization built on results.
- Strong process and project management skills.
- Strong organizational, team-building and people skills.
- Strong communication and leadership skills and the ability to assume increasing responsibilities in a rapidly-changing environment.
- Ability to understand the impact on new technologies on processes and costs.
- Experience integrating new technologies into day-to-day operations.
- Experience with Workday Finance Platform preferred.