PURPOSE AND DESCRIPTION OF JOB
Oversees and manages Credit and Collections group who collect money owed by advertisers for publications.
Description of Function
1. Responsible for collection activities of current, past due and delinquent accounts by working directly with clients and sales representatives
2. Make credit recommendations based on account analysis.
3. Communicate with Sales Reps and external clients in a professional and courteous manner while improving cash flow.
4. Report collection analysis and progress to management on a monthly basis using reports from Great Plains accounting and Slate sales systems
5. Collaborate with related departments on process flows to identify and solve problems, improve processes and provide superior customer service while operating in a cost-efficient manner.
6. Assess amicable resolutions to handle delinquent clients and make recommendations to management for resolution
7. Maintain and monitor account payments and documentation of collections
8. Accesses company and client financial information such as bank accounts and credit cards.
9. Contacts advertisers, credit associations, salespeople, and others to obtain credit information.
10. Studies economic trends within publishing industry to predict probable success of new customer. Prepares reports of findings, and suggests credit limitations to Finance department and CFO.
11. Oversees database of customer credit histories.
12. Consults with management to assist in corporate planning for group purchases and billing.
13. Manages employees in the Credit & Collection Department to include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Candidates who cannot perform some or all of these duties because of disabilities will nevertheless receive full consideration for the job based on their ability to perform essential functions.
1. Manage and control age of accounts by contacting customers.
2. Works with other departments to help develop advertising and promotional programs, pricing, positioning, and packaging.
3. Interface with other departments such as Sales and Production
4. Assist in special projects
5. Other duties as assigned.
The following are required to enable job holders to perform the essential functions of the job.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel and Outlook.
Knowledge of, or ability to learn, required accounting software such as Great Plains/Microsoft Dynamics.
Extremely organized and able to handle large volume of collection and customer related inquiries
Ability to navigate sales system
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum five years business collections experience, preferably in the media industry
Prior experience working with sales CRM systems
It is not the intention of this position description to limit the specific duties of this job, but rather to describe the major responsibilities and activities associated therewith at the time the position was prepared. As our company changes, as its needs change, or simply with the passage of time, the specific task and responsibilities which comprise any job also tend to undergo changes. Such changes may consist of additions to, reductions in, or substitutions of duties and responsibilities.