TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities. With more than five decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
The primary purpose of this position is to manage the production of creative assets – from concept to final product – for TechnoServe at the corporate level and in support of its Country and Program teams. This position entails both hands on design conceptualization and execution of reports, presentations, event collateral, internal video, digital assets, and other content as assigned by the Director, Marketing and Digital Engagement. The Manager, Creative Services will ensure all creative projects are designed and produced to specification; all assigned timelines and deadlines are met; and all projects fall within brand guidelines and quality expectations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide creative direction and execution on all marketing and communication content, including but not limited to: reports, case studies, white papers, event collateral, internal video, and marketing/advertising assets.
- Manage end-to-end creative project lifecycle from brief, vender selection, production, to final delivery.
- Work with internal teams to determine project scope and deliverables, develop project timelines, budgets – delivering final products on time and within budget.
- Drive stakeholder review and approval process for internal and external content and ensure adherence to massaging, brand identity, and regulatory and legal guidelines.
- Lead weekly creative review meetings with marketing and communications teams to ensure all projects are being met and implemented in an efficient manner and in accordance to brand and strategic standards.
- Guide development and/or evolution of brand-specific style guideline, templates and related training.
- Manage TechnoServe Digital Asset Management platform.
- Manage freelancer pool of designers and editors to produce content as needed.
- Other duties are included, as assigned by Director, Marketing & Digital Engagement.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree, with 5 years of relevant experience in marketing, creative development, and design. Or master's degree with three years of experience managing internal creative service departments.
- 3+ years experience in corporate identity and brand guidelines.
- Agency experience a plus.
- Skilled operator with industry-standard creative design tools, including Adobe Creative Suite, specifically: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Premiere Pro.
- Experience managing or facilitating the creative process (concept to execution).
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with a solutions oriented mindset.
- Demonstrated ability to engage successfully with other cultures.
- Deep interest in, and knowledge of, international development and/or international business.
- The incumbent must sit for an extended number of hours throughout the day using a computer, talking by telephone or Skype and meeting with others.
- This person must occasionally lift items which weigh up to 20 lbs. and must be capable of lifting and pulling their luggage when traveling.
- Other requirements include climbing stairs, walking and bending.
Qualified and interested applicants should submit a single Word-formatted document consisting of the following:
- Cover letter
- Portfolio of creative work