We’re looking for a manager-level project manager with at least seven years of experience managing creative projects from inception to completion, including at least three years managing a team of project managers and coordinators to join our in-house creative team. This position requires accomplished knowledge of project management methodologies.
The manager is expected to manage a team of project managers and coordinators and is responsible for the quality of their work, their professional development, and their understanding of project management. The manager is expected to be a strong leader on the creative team, working closely with their manager and leadership to lead initiatives and identify opportunities to strengthen the work and the team.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Manage a team of diverse project management professionals with a focus on professional development.
- Train project management professionals from various backgrounds and varied experience levels to execute exceptional project delivery.
- Review work and offer feedback that is focused on learning and growth of project managers/coordinators.
- Develop and lead professional development opportunities that meet the needs of the team.
- Support senior project managers as they learn to delegate responsibilities to project managers and coordinators.
- Understand the needs of and advocate for the team; drive strategies that drive the team forward.
- Build a culture of trust, comfort, and support that encourages and drives creative innovation.
- Independently identify staffing needs, identify and hire new talent, onboard and retain project management professionals who can grow with the team.
- Collaborate with teams across marketing and lead innovative project management initiatives.
- Work with senior management across marketing teams to define collaborative approaches to project management challenges.
- Conduct training sessions/presentations with all creative team members to ensure understanding of the project management process.
- Work with teams to define processes that ensure work is pushed smoothly through the creative team.
- Own project management best practices and work to communicate best practices to teams across marketing.
- Work with creative team managers and leadership to drive the team forward.
- Work with design and copy managers to establish training and processes that strengthen the team.
- Promote a positive, collaborative relationship between creative team and marketing.
- Establish new processes and efficiencies across the creative team, focusing on solutions-first problem-solving.
- Lead lively and productive brainstorming sessions that stimulate creative thinking and inspire new ideas.
- Work closely with creative team leadership to establish new processes and efficiencies across the creative team.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum 7 years of experience in creative project management
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing project managers and/or coordinators
- Exceptional interpersonal (written and verbal) communication skills and presentation skills
- Experience delegating projects and providing feedback to other project managers
- Experience working with designers, writers, animators, videographers.
- Must be open to feedback and be able to take direction while also driving projects without a lot of oversight
- Must have knowledge of traditional waterfall and agile project management methodologies
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Experience working as a project manager within an agency
- Experience working on cross-team projects
- Experience in higher education is also valuable but not required