$80K — $100K *
About the Team:
Identifying opportunities for creative music partnerships and licensing is a critical means by which we drive user and brand engagement with the TikTok platform. We are looking for an experienced creative music professional with existing high-level relationships with labels, publishers, and artists to work with third-party brands on our platform to better leverage music to drive the success of their campaigns.
- Work cross-functionally with Global Business Solutions, TikTok Music, and Creative Lab to set the music strategy of campaigns for various clients, understanding where and how to leverage our capabilities in licensing, production, and technology to drive success.
- Lead music clearance process for internal and external partners, determine necessary terms for campaigns, research publishing and master ownership, and negotiate fees and terms with all third party rights holders.
- Present policy, strategy, and evolving offerings to colleagues and clients, clearly articulating our role in the broader creative/entertainment community.
- Analyze data around campaign success and music trends on the platform to create insights around best practices for brands and define benchmarks by which to measure it.
- Build process around contracting, payment systems, and job tracking.
- 5+ years experience - should include clearing music for advertising and short-form programming (online films, documentaries, etc), securing partnerships between brands and labels/artists, reviewing and redlining agreements, and tracking finances.
- Strong understanding of the entertainment industry with experience in deal negotiation and execution in a cross-functional environment - digital media specific deals are preferred.
- Solid contacts in the music industry, with major and independent record labels, publishers, and artist management.
- Excellent communicator with a keen understanding of the role that accurate messaging plays in a start-up environment, able to lead meetings, create presentations, and articulate needs to cross-functional stakeholders.
- Ability to analyze data to understand trends and benchmark success.
Valid through: 11/27/2020