What we’re looking for
2U is looking for a creative digital marketer to lead a newly developed function on the marketing team. This new function, Creative Insights and Optimization, sits within the Advertising Operations group, which is a critical group within 2U’s paid Demand Generation team.
As the manager, you will lead a group of 3-4 Advertising Operations specialists focused on creative innovation and optimization. Using data to tell stories will be key to spearheading new creative tests and initiatives. Cross-functional communication will be key to turning ideas into high performing assets.
You will have the opportunity to make a direct impact on media performance and business results across channels, including: Paid Social (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter), Display (Banners, Gmail ads, Remarketing), Paid Search and others.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
Creative Insights and Optimization
- Lead practice of rapid iteration and testing
- Establish strategic frameworks and approaches for creative asset development and testing
- Utilize BI tools to gather data and monitor creative performance
- Work with team to manage creative delivery for optimal media performance
- Plan and execute tests across portfolio of programs
- Report on creative performance to Advertising Operations Director and VP, Demand Generation
- Synthesize data and insights into compelling stories and go-forward strategies
- Manage team of 3-4 Advertising Operations Specialists
- Translate key business or program priorities into team tasks and goals
- Ensure the team’s efforts align to business goals and that the objectives are met
- Hire, train and retain talent
- Coach and guide career development of direct reports
Cross-Functional Communication and Influence
- Work very closely with leaders inside Demand Generation (media and analysis leads) to ensure that creative strategies are in line with business needs and improving media performance
- Work with leaders on Brand Marketing and Creative teams to establish best practices, set priorities and improve work
- Influence creative process and approaches up and down the value chain to ensure assets are innovative and effective
- Work with leaders of Paid Search team to test and optimize paid search copy
- Communicate with Conversion Rate Optimization team to align media creative and landing pages
- Develop relationships with media partners (i.e. Facebook, Google) to continuously innovate; set up large-scale testing; introduce training efforts; opt in to betas; etc.
The right candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience in creative testing and optimization for paid media
- Ability to thrive in rapid testing and iteration environment
- Proven ability to summarize information into a compelling story or argument
- Proven ability to develop and manage against strategic frameworks that guide others
- Proven ability to manage a small team
- Expertise in collaborating with other groups – particularly functions related to media, analytics, brand marketing, creative and conversion rate optimization.
- Interest in working in a fast-paced environment and high-growth company
- 4+ years of experience in a creative, project management and/or marketing function
- Direct response creative experience a must
- Exceptional communication and creative thinking skills
- Exceptional organization and project management skills
- Experience with paid media / marketing
- Experience with client management and/or external stakeholder management